Chapter 3 : The Oracle

Kaykrae POV:

Reaching the end of the tour, I approached a cabin with iron doors. Bryan walked up to the doors and turned back to me. He asked, "What's in here?" I spoke in a grave tone, "This is a cabin that I ask none of you to enter. It belongs to the Oracle, but this is the end of our tour. So you all may now choose your cabins. You may have one roommate, choose wisely, because you'll be with them for the whole summer." Mitch shrugged, "As long as I can see the ocean with my cabin." Jakey glanced over to Mitch and said, "That's the only thing I'll agree with you on." His tone showed that he wasn't happy with the agreement. The two sons of Poseidon glared at each other. (If I had a dagger on me, I think I would be able to cut the air with how thick the tension is) Xylo walked over and stood between Jakey and Mitch. He smiled and you could see how strained it was. Xylo spoke nervously, "Hey guys, it's the first day. Why don't we save this for the trials? Please?" After a few more moments, the two sons of Poseidon turned away from each other. Mitch spoke, "Let's just find our cabins." Bri and Bryan both had mischievous grins. Bri whispered something to Bryan and his eyes widened. But his shock subsided when he looked over to Jakey and he smiled. (Oh gods, what are they thinking about doing now?) Clap clap. I clapped my hands a couple times to gather everyone's attention and said, "Alright, let's find your cabins. Make sure you're all at the campfire by tonight. No feuds, Sons of Poseidon. And Aphrodite twins," Bryan and Bri looked at me with irritation. Bryan groaned, "What? We aren't doing anything." I pointed two fingers at my eyes and then at the two of them, "I've got my eyes on you both. So no funny business, and no creating love relationships you don't plan to keep." Bri rolled her eyes, "Who do you think we are, we aren't children of Ate. Even though we do know a child of Ate, we aren't planning on doing anything stupid. Besides, we aren't those kinds of Aphrodite children. Unless it's a mortal, but we make sure they get over it. There's no hard feelings." I narrowed my eyes and looked down at the two swords fastened to their belts. Bri's was on her right side while Bryan's was on his left. (Interesting, Bri's left handed. I'll have to watch that. But I dislike their attitudes.) Left-handed demigods were a little special. If you put someone that uses their left hand against someone who uses their right, it all depended on what type of demigod they were. Otherwise, the left-handed fighters normally win. (Something's off about those two swords. I can't tell if they're magik or not. Also, if Bri and Bryan are Children of Aphrodite, where are their wings?) I ignored the uneasy feeling as the campers all started to disperse. But as they did, I entered the cabin that housed the Oracle. She sat on a perch inside the cabin. I bowed my head in respect and once I did, the Oracle began to speak. "Hello there daughter of Delphi. It seems that the new campers are different from normal. How was your interactions?" I didn't make eye contact as I spoke, "A Son of Apollo is here. Not a great fan of that. And we have feuding Sons of Poseidon along with strange Aphrodite twins. I don't exactly trust the twins to not do anything. But it's a camp, these sorts of things are bound to happen. And the Son of Ares doesn't seem too bad, neither does the Son of Hades. Although, I do have a question." The Oracle flew over to me and circled over my head, "Speak, young one." "Shouldn't Aphrodite children have wings. These two don't seem to have just come from the human realm, but they don't have any wings." I looked up to the Oracle, waiting for an answer. The Oracle flew back to her perch and spoke, her green eye had a slight glow. "Odd, very odd. But it seems as though the future has decided to show itself to me. Please, take me to the campers, they all need to hear." I nodded my head, "Alright, we're gathering at the campfire tonight. They'll see you then." The Oracle shut her eye in agreement. I walked out the cabin and locked the door. The campers all spoke with each other. Their tones and faces were full of excitement and joy. I smiled, (Whatever this prophecy is, it shouldn't be too bad. Right?)

6 hours later

All the campers sat at the tables around the campfire as I walked forward. I spoke smoothly and quickly, "Everyone. As you know, the Oracle resides in Camp Oasis, and she requires our attention. Please, stay quiet. If you have any questions, talk to me later." I motioned toward the campfire and said, "Everyone, the Oracle." I stepped back and from the fire appeared the Oracle. She spoke with ease and seniority. "Yes, yes, this is an interesting group indeed. Two here have dark destinies. Involvement with old primordials and the old Prophecy of Chaos shall come. One shall be a great hero, while others will release the titans. Watch the roses and the daffodils. Their thorns and vines are quite manipulative.........and infecting." The campers all watched as the Oracle flew back toward her cabin. They all seemed quite confused as I heard them all whisper to each other, "Release titans?" "Great hero?" "Do we have to watch the gardens now?" "What old prophecy?" "Chaos?" "Who do we trust if a couple of people here are releasing the titans?" I waited silently as they all talked and spoke in fear of the summer. Once they were done, I said, "Now everyone. The Oracle didn't say when or if some things were by choice. It's why fate is so unpredictable and when we do have predictions, we are only given a specific set of information. But, I would advise you all to rest for tomorrow. The first trial is the Trial of Ares, so I would make sure you're all ready for some fighting tomorrow." There were some nods and okays. The campers were looking around, caution in their eyes. I bowed my head and out of the corner of my eye saw Bri staring angrily at the direction the Oracle flew while having her arms wrapped around Bryan who seemed to be having a silent and short psychotic breakdown. But Bri's eyes were glowing red instead of blue and Bryan's eyes were glowing green while dripping with tears. (What's going on with them?) I turned to face them and once I did, Bri glared at me and I could tell what that look meant. Don't take another step towards us, I will kill you if you do. Moving back slightly, I glanced back and forth between the twins before sighing in defeat. (I'm not going to get anywhere near those two tonight. Probably going to get ripped apart if I do.) I turned around and walked toward my cabin to retire for the night. It had been a strange and very long day. I also knew tomorrow wasn't going to be any better. I stepped inside my cabin and sat down at a table, "Oh boy, better gather my sanity for tomorrow. Definitely going to need it."