Chapter 11 - Work Together?

SR POV:

SR POV:

We walked into the cabin and up on a perch in the center of the room was the Oracle. She was asleep. But once Kaykrae shut the door, the Oracle's eye opened and she flew into the air. "Hello there. It seems as though you have finally decided to speak with me dear flowers." Daffodil's breathing hitched as I had become tense. The Oracle was speaking to the two of us. And she knew it was us. She knew. Kaykrae walked past us, and she spread her wings before then closing them and bowing her head. She then glanced at us and motioned for us to come forward. We both walked up, I bowed my head slightly but Daffodil stood still. She only angrily glared at the Oracle. The Oracle's eye gleamed with a look of curiosity. "Now Kaykrae. I would think that you'd remember if the campers wished to speak with me they were allowed to alone." Kaykrae bowed her head again but this time in shame, "I'm sorry Oracle. But I believed it would be best for me to stay in the room while these two spoke with you. If you'd like me to now, I'll leave." The Oracle circled us for a moment before saying. "No, you should stay. You are needed." Kaykrae looked shocked, but it subsided as she nodded in gratitude. The Oracle looked at the three of us, she shut her eye for a moment, before opening it wide, and her pupil slit. "I see what you desire. And I see what should be. For you to reach, you must work with each other, as the blood that which will never mix, but create a pattern and bond. As emotions of the empathic, the lonely, and the dreamer." We all stood in shocked silence, Daffodil clenched her fists shut, Kaykrae was still as ice, and realizing what the Oracle was saying, I hastily asked, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" The Oracle stared at me for a moment. Her eye closed in a way if she had a face, she would be smiling as though amused. "Why of course. You three would be splendid. And you need some optimism. Build a bond." Daffodil growled I could hear her voice coming through some, but not enough that Kaykrae would hear herself. "And why should we work with her? She may be the one chosen to guard you and the Daughter of Delphi. But that title and her rank here at camp gives us no reason to work with or trust her. As it's obvious she doesn't trust us enough to follow your rules." I moved to Daffodil's side to be ready to hold her back. She didn't exactly have a temper when we met. But servitude pushed her far past her limit. The Oracle, still calm and unaffected by Daffodil's words, said still with her amused tone, "Because this is how time is moving. You will work with her in the future. And she will help you. I did not do this only for you two. As she is young, she should also learn." The Oracle's eye was that of a caring mother, it reminded me of my own. I hadn't thought of her in centuries. Now, Kaykrae finally spoke, "What exactly do you want me to help them with? If anything, they're more capable than I am at quite a few things." The Oracle circled us again. I was getting tired of it, but I could only assume she was observing our behaviors. Trying to learn more about us to predict what could happen next. The Oracle rested on her perch, her wings folding in, her eye squinted. "There is a Keep south of camp, go there. You will gain what you desire. Or at least something to help you along the way. But you won't reach it if you won't work together. So open your minds, you'll see. Now go, I am tired. Three questions have been asked and answered" The Oracle shut her eye, she wouldn't help us anymore. Although I'd hardly call what she just did helpful. It only confused me and Kaykrae and angered Daffodil. We walked out of the cabin and Kaykrae locked the door behind us. Daffodil was rapidly tapping her foot against the dirt ground. Kaykrae looked as though she had something to say, but she couldn't find the words to say it. The only one who could say anything was me, "So, what exactly do we do now?" Daffodil stopped tapping her foot and looked at me. Her angered expression was gone, it was replaced with a placid expression. Kaykrae looked toward the south. Her eyes squinting as though she was trying to look farther than she could see. She sighed and asked, "Why did you two need to speak with the Oracle? I don't think you two even told her what you wanted." I fidgeted with my fingers while saying, "We were going to ask how we could gather the power to stop us from being grounded, but clearly she already knew what we would ask." I wasn't lying when I said that. Hera stole their wings as a price, but it was annoying as Daffodil and I were used to flying. And the Aphrodite twins didn't have nearly enough power yet for us to use to create new ones. Kaykrae nodded in understanding and she grasped her own wings. "I understand. I would never like the idea of being stuck on the ground." Kaykrae's dragon-like wings would sometimes glow or shimmer in the light, it made me jealous as I've only had feathered wings. (Maybe that's what I should do at some point.) Suddenly, in a confident tone that also sounded disappointed, Daffodil said, "She told us to go south, let's go south." Surprised Kaykrae asked, "You sure you want to do this now?" Daffodil shrugged, "When else?" Flustered from her confusion and shock, Kaykrae responded while stammering, "I-I DON'T KNOW! Next week?" I shook my head, "We can't wait that long. Kaykrae's eyes darted back and forth between us before she sighed and bowed her head in defeat. "Alright fine. Let me grab my sword at the least."