Chapter 9 : Seeds of Love

Rose POV:

Rose POV:

(Gods, he was a lot easier to charmspeak than expected.) I was sitting down on the grass while eating a sandwich. Not a single ounce of meat was on it though. (I do wish it had at least an ounce. Possessing a vegetarian and not someone keen on meat wasn't what I expected. Daffodil got lucky, possessing a left-handed person. Hera wasn't wrong when she said she hand-picked vessels for us.) Next to me was the son of Poseidon, Jakey. He was silent for a bit. We were both silent once we sat down. I didn't know what to do next for this. Then he spoke, "So, Bryan. What are you planning to do during camp?" I shrugged then answered his question, "Not much. My sister and I are planning on looking for artifacts." I paused before phrasing my next sentence. Getting closer to Jakey to the point our lips may have touched. "Perhaps you'd like to ...... Help us? We'd appreciate the kindness." Jakey smiled and his shoulders fell, he was so relaxed now that I had him charmspoken. But there was something off about how easily he fell under it. I wouldn't have expected a son of one of the big three to go down so easily. It was almost child's play. Truth be told, with how much I had already influenced Bryan, I could probably leave him in control of this. And I could probably calm down with the charmspeak, Jakey was already seduced enough. So that's what I did.

Bryan POV:

(Did I space out? Ah, never mind.) It felt like I had spaced out and wasn't in control of what I was doing for a minute. I remember what I did, but something felt different. Then, I realized how close I was to Jakey, "OH GODS! Sorry, son of Poseidon. Didn't mean to...You know...Get all up and personal." I could feel myself heating up as I finally got a good look at him. (Gods, now that's a look of Poseidon.) Jakey was still partially relaxed and love sickened from the charmspeak. But he smiled sweetly and said, "Oh, don't worry. It's fine. And besides, it would be rude of me to not help you and your sister. You both seem nice." I was confused for a moment. (Artifacts, remember. You and Bri need more power. Oh right, how could I forget? Wait, who-) "Bryan, you good?" Jakey asked as I stopped spacing out. I shook my head in surprise, "Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Jakey glanced to the side and smiled sheepishly, "Well, you were spacing out. Do you do that often?" I felt myself growing embarrassed and covered my face with my hands. "No, I'm so sorry. I must seem stupid to you." I said, mumbling. Jakey laughed. "Stupid, I find that cute. But here." I pulled my hands away from my face and watched as Jakey pulled my laurel wreath off my head. He then opened a pouch he had and pulled out seashells. Decorating the wreath. I watched and stared in awe. I know I dated guys similar to him, but something felt different this time. The way he moved his hands, embedding the shells into the laurel. By the time he was done, I didn't even realize it till he placed the wreath back on my head. I raised a hand and felt it glide smoothly against the grooves of each shell. I smiled smugly, "So the son of Poseidon's a charismatic type, huh?" Jakey glanced at the ocean before quickly back to me. He charmingly said, "I guess you could say that." Jakey paused, and looked around before asking, "Do you wanna see something." I thought for a moment before responding. "I-uh. Sure?" He stood up and held out his hand, waiting for me to take it. I hesitantly took it, and he brought me over to the dock. "Uh, are we going swimming? Because I'm not one for water." I said, now feeling worried. (Don't be scared. You wanna impress him. Right? Y-Yeah, you're right. I'm right. Don't be scared Bryan, that's silly.) Jakey spoke, "You're not jumping in, but I am. See you in five minutes." "Wait, WHAT!" Before I knew it, Jakey backflipped into the water, making a large splash. I ran to the dock edge, but even with how clear the water was, I couldn't see Jakey. I worriedly looked into the water from all sides of the dock. "He did say five minutes. Maybe if I just wait, he'll come back." Five minutes had passed, and I had decided that I waited long enough. He wasn't coming back. I stood up, and as I began to walk away. I watched Jakey appear from the water. His wet hair reflected the sunlight, and his eyes had a slight glow of life to them. Something that I suddenly felt devoid of. (What is this? It's painful.) Jakey then held up a flower. It was a Water Hawthorn. "Here. I found this." Jakey said, handing me the Water Hawthorn. I sat down and dangled my legs over the side, and then I took the Water Hawthorn from his hand. It was a new bloom, young, but not taken too early. Jakey pulled himself up from the water and said, "It doesn't grow in this lake. So I had to find an opening to a lake outside of camp that grows these." I blushed slightly, "You must be a fast swimmer." Jakey beamed with pride, "I am indeed. I'm the best of the best." Something was different about this one. I didn't know why. Jakey's hair dried off quickly in the hot sun. He looked back out to the water while I stared down at the Water Hawthorn in my hands. (He did do something for me. Maybe I should do something for him.) "Hey, Jakey?" "Yeah?" I stood up and walked over to the grass. I felt little flower buds begin to bloom and blossom. I was hoping some regular Hawthorn flowers might grow. But instead, dark pink and peach roses took their place. (Odd, I wasn't planning on these. Yes, you were. Oh yeah ............ I was.) I turned around and there Jakey was, staring jaw agape. I suddenly began to feel flustered again. "Uh-Oh. Ummm. These are my gift to you?" I smiled nervously and Jakey laughed. "You're cute when you're nervous. How did they grow?" I could feel myself heating up more than ever, "I-I am? W-Well. I guess. And the flowers were nothing. Just a simple life spell, that's all." I calmed myself slightly and picked one of each color. Then I wrapped the stems together and placed them on the right side of Jakey, right behind his ear. Then, mustering up whatever I could to make sure I didn't stutter, I began to say, "Do you-" "Wanna do this again tomorrow? Yes." Said Jakey quickly, he took the words right out of my mouth. It felt amazing. No one had done that before. I nodded, before walking away without saying a word. I didn't feel the need to say anything else, I just knew my heart was taken away. And Eros hit me with his arrow for once.

Five minutes later -

I reached the cabin Bri and I were staying in and walked inside. Bri was sitting on her bed, her eyes gleaming red. She looked up and asked curiously, "How was it?" I began to speak happily and excitedly, "Oh it was GREAT! Normally I'm the one who says, let's do this again. But he beat me to it. Maybe Mother was right, this camp is a great opportunity for love." Bri seemed surprised at my excitement. She glanced to the side and said, "Interesting, didn't realize he let you out of control." I tilted my head in confusion, I said, "Who let me- GAH!" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head. Like thorns being stabbed through. My vision began to blur, and I looked at Bri, she stood up and was staring at a daffodil she held in her hand. She glanced at me and spoke her voice sounding demonic and strange. Not her own. "Oh, poor Bryan. Don't worry. You'll forget this soon. For now, it's time to sleep, and give my friend control. You don't deserve it." Her expression was so blank and calm, she smiled, and right as she did, I felt myself drift from the real world, and fall into darkness.