Chapter 4 : Two swords

Third POV:

The Aphrodite twins sat on a bed inside their cabin. Bryan on the left and Bri on the right. Yet it wasn't them in control. When Bryan spoke, his voice sounded demonic, and while he spoke, he shook, and his breathing was unsteady. "That stupid Oracle......It tells the future......yet it just told us...something from the past.........Haha... Something that should have stayed burned......and buried." He laughed while tears flowed down his face. His eyes glowed bright green as he wrapped his arms around himself. Bri stared at the ground with a daze-like expression. Her eyes glowed red with hatred and anger. Bri spoke in a similar demonic voice, yet more feminine and calmer than Bryan. But her voice became angrier as she said, "I don't like this either, Rose. But when we get the chance, I'll make sure that little eyeball has a spear running straight through it. I have a feeling it knows we're here. And you know how I feel about loose ends." Rose unsheathed the Seductive Rose and stared at it. He ran his fingers over the sword, and the floating pieces of the sword slightly glowed after he touched them. While moving the sword between him and Bri, Rose asked in a tired tone. "How many loose ends do we have, Daf? I seem to have forgotten amid my anger. Why are we here at this camp? One last order from our foul master......and then our freedom is granted? We're nothing but dogs at this point. Dogs called the Seductive Rose and the Binding Daffodil. Do we even know what we are doing next?" Daffodil glanced over at Rose before unsheathing her own sword. She rested the Binding Daffodil sword against the Seductive Rose sword, and they both gleamed upon contact. Daffodil's expression became sincere and calm. She spoke in a kind voice. But one filled with sorrow. "Unfortunately, we have too many. But, once we complete this final task. We will have probably gained enough power to rival the gods. We can take our revenge and make those hypocrites suffer. Don't listen to anyone, do they? I heard the gods were wanting to make the daughter of Morpheus the heir to Thanatos at one point. Like that won't fall flat on their faces." The Rose laughed at the snarky remark. The Daffodil smiled, happy she could lift his spirits slightly. Even though it wasn't by much, Rose was distracted from questions Daffodil knew she couldn't answer. Rose's tone shifted from mournful and bitter to peaceful and contented as he said, "Thank you, Daf. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't here." Daffodil smiled and got up from the bed they both sat on. She said, "You would do the same for me if the roles were reversed. We've been together for centuries, hiding in the shadows. The only "light" we've seen was the fabricated light of Olympus." Daffodil stared at her sword and shook her head. She turned to face Rose and confidently said, "We aren't their weapons, and we aren't their puppets or dogs. Not anymore, it's our turn." Rose's eyes widened, and he looked down. Rose felt excited and assured by Daffodil's words. He whispered and repeated what she said, "We aren't their weapons, and we aren't their puppets or dogs. Not anymore, it's our turn." Rose smiled. "Yeah, you're right. Why don't we show this camp and the gods why they shouldn't have messed with us, to begin with." Daffodil grinned and held out her hand. Rose took it and stood up. The two held their swords out toward each other and let the ends touch. They spoke at the same time, proud and poised as they did, "Forever together, we will rise. And Olympus shall fall. Never again shall we break, the daffodils and roses will never wilt. No longer are we pawns." The two paused and looked at each other before speaking their final words. Knowing what they do next will seal their fate. "Now we are the players. Checkmate, Hera."