Bad Day

As soon as you woke up that morning, you had a feeling a migrane would occupy most of your day. Luckily for you and Derek, you had a rare day off from work at the BAU.

The both of you took the opportunity to have a chilled out day and a lie in. That thought, however, was long gone as you heard your two children running into the room. Your son, Caleb, began shaking you awake as your daughter, Evelyn, began shaking Derek awake.

Slowly, the two of you came around. The pain in your head was prominent, yet not unmanageable. Still, you were going to push through.

The children jump onto the bed, snuggling between yourself and Derek before bursting into fits of giggles, "What's made you two so giddy this morning?" Asks Derek.
"You two slept so long that we missed Caleb's football practise." Says Evelyn.
"And if we're not quick, we're going to miss Evelyn's play date." Replies Caleb, the eldest of the two.

Immediately, you look at your phone to read the time, 7:15. "Now, what did mummy and daddy say about playing these pranks?"
8 year old Caleb laughs, "We're sorry, mummy."
"You two go into the living room and put on a show. We'll be through to make breakfast in a minute." Says Derek. The two obey and a 4 year old Evelyn presses a hand to her lips, then leaning it forward, indicating she was blowing a kiss.

After the two had dispersed from the room, the two of you turned to face each other. Derek places a kiss on your forehead, seeming as it is the closest place to his lips. "Good morning, angel face."
"You really are the charmer." You say, forcing a smile.
"I try." Cocking an eyebrow, he places an arm on your shoulder, "Is everything okay?"
You nod, "Everything's fine."

After changing from your vest top and shorts into leggings and a crew neck, along with brushing your hair, you headed into the main room. Immediately, you're hit with the smell of pancakes. It was a sweet smell. However, the sight which unfolded in front of your eyes was a lot sweeter with the two children eating their breakfasts while Derek stood making them. "Just in time." He says, putting some pancakes on your plate. "Thank you." You say, giving him a kiss before taking a seat next to Caleb.

He hugs into your side, his head around your chest. "Are you okay, buddy?" He simply nods and returns to his breakfast.

A few hours later, you stand adding the final elastics to Evelyn's Dutch braids. It wasn't overly warm outside, although it wasn't freezing either. Caleb had a football game, and the other three of you would be sat there watching. Well, yourself and Derek will. Evelyn would probably go and play with some of the other teammates' siblings.

"There we are, princess." You say.
"Thank you, mummy." Evelyn calls, running out of the bathroom to the front door. She was presumably putting on her shoes.

Caleb comes wandering in, a glum look on his face. "Hey, what's up, Cubby?"
"I don't think I can do it. The other team will be so much better at it, and nobody else on my team passes to me, and I feel like I'm just going to be stood there." He says. You pick him up and sit him on the bathroom counter. His head was still down.
"Hey," you say, "it doesn't matter who wins and who loses. As long as you try your best. And maybe, if you try your best, I can convince daddy to let you have some sweets later?"
His face lit up at the idea, a smile growing on his face. You heard Derek shout from near the door, "Time to go."

You turn and smile at Caleb, "You're going to do great buddy. Now come on before we're late."

-

It was nearing the end of the match, and Caleb's team was winning. With 5 minutes to you begged yourself to carry on. At this point, the pain in your head was debilitating. Your head throbbed as you rubbed soft, yet forceful, circles on temples.

Concerned, Derek looks over to you, seeing your actions. "Migrane?" He asks quietly. You nod, not having the energy to speak. He pulls you in close to his chest as you block your ears.

The match finished quickly with a victory to Caleb and his team. It only took 5 minutes for the four of you to be in the car. Caleb and Evelyn were talking rather loudly as they were excited about the win. "Kids, I need you to be quiet for mummy, okay? She isn't feeling the best right now. We need to make sure we don't make it any worse."
The two nod at him, and nobody talks the whole 15-minute car ride home.

At home, you made a bline for the bedroom. As you changed into some comfier clothes and climbed in the freshly made bed, Derek settled the kids and brought your meds - along with a cup of water - into the bedroom.

"Okay, meds, angel face." He says, sweet and soft as he always did when you had a migrane. You take them and smile at him. He smiles back, closing the curtains and leaving you in the dark of your bedroom.

You were extremely thankful for your husband and the things he would do for you in your hour of need.