6

Tubbo tried to focus on the book, he really did, but the words kept jumping around. The letters scrambled and moved. He didn't know if it was because he was trying to read while riding a horse, but he was sure that wasn't helping.

"How are you doing?" George asked, holding the lead to his horse.

"It fucking sucks." Tubbo huffed, "all the words keep moving."

"Moving?" Sapnap looked back at him.

Tubbo nodded, "I can't focus on the words."

"Don't worry about it too much." Dream said, "we'll be stopping soon."

Tubbo nodded and closed the book. He stretched his neck, looking around at their surroundings. They were in the middle of a large plain. No town or any civilisation was in sight.

"Where are we stopping?" Tubbo asked.

"Here. We're setting up camp." Dream told him, "there's a town with a witch nearby. We'll stay here for a few days, the witch doesn't like us in his territory."

"Wait, does this mean you were watching L'manburg for days before you actually showed up?" Tubbo shook his head.

"Uh, no." Dream said, "we were just staying the night there on our way here."

"As fun as camping is, it's nice to sleep in a real bet sometimes." Sapnap laughed lightly, getting off his horse.

Tubbo nodded, "so what town are we going to now?"

"Las Nevadas." Dream told him.

"What!?" Tubbo gasped, "No way!"

"Yeah, we get to go to some pretty cool places." Sapnap smirked, leaning against his horse. The animal moved away, making Sapnap fall back on the ground, "Hey!? Pandas!"

The black and white horse snorted, shaking his head. Sapnap quickly got to his feet. George laughed at him, getting off his own horse.

"Well, as soon as we set up camp, I think Tubbo and I should head into town to get supplies." George said.

"Alright." Dream nodded, getting off his horse.

The witch hunter dug around in his saddle bag for a moment. There was a soft meow and Dream pulled out a brown tabby cat. The cat crawled up on Dream's shoulders, purring and rubbing her cheek against Dream's helmet.

"Hey Patchy." Dream said quietly, petting the cats chin.

Tubbo tucked the book away in his saddle bag, "I didn't know you had a cat?"

"Yeah, people tend to think the worst when they see her." Dream hummed.

"And she's just a normal cat?" Tubbo asked, getting off his horse.

"Yep." Dream nodded, taking a tent off the back of his horse.

Tubbo hummed, getting his own tent ready. It was odd, being so far from his home. He'd never gone anywhere else, always staying in L'manburg. Now it's all changed. He was going to travel miles away to kill witches and find Tommy.

Tommy... Why would Technoblade take him? And Wilbur too. What would a witch want with a cat who wasn't even his familiar? 

"Hey." George nudged the boy, "are you ready to head out?"

Tubbo stumbled slightly, "uh, y-yeah, I'm ready."

"Then come on, it'll take a while to get there." George said, getting back onto his horse.

"Alright." Tubbo nodded.

The two rode silence for a while. Eventually lights shone in the distance, a bustling town coming into view. Tubbo's eyes went wide. It was amazing. The lights danced in different colors and shops lined the streets with everything you could ever imagine.

"This is incredible..." Tubbo whispered.

George smiled lightly, "have you never been out of your village?"

"Never..." Tubbo shook his head.

"Then you'll have a great time traveling with us." George laughed, "we go all over the kingdom. Las Nevadas, the greater Essempe, the Badlands-"

"The Arctic?" Tubbo asked.

George paused, "uh, no... We haven't gone there yet."

"Why not?" Tubbo said quietly.

"Magic." George said simply, "there's a high concentration of it there. We need a witch to break the magic field to get through."

"Using a witch to find a witch." Tubbo laughed lightly, "where are you going to find one willing?"

"We already have one, a powerful one, but we need information on the spell." George said, "that's partially why we're here. The witch here has crucial information."

"Wait, so we're not killing the witch?" Tubbo asked.

"Kill me?"

The two turned to see a man with a scar reaching from the corner of his mouth all the way up to his eyes walking towards them. He wore a white button up with a loose red tie. His damaged eye flashed with what Tubbo was sure was magic.

The witch smiled, "why on earth would you want to kill your informant?"