17

Tubbo was regretting the decision to take Ranboo with him more and more as they rode towards Las Nevadas. Thankfully, there were still some horses at Logstedshire. But after four days, the constant mumbling from the tall witch was getting annoying.

"So, how-how far away are we now?" Ranboo asked for the hundredth time.

"Well we would have been there two days ago if someone would have let us sail!" Tubbo snapped, "we should reach it soon."

Ranboo nodded, falling silent for a moment, "i-if you want, I could try teleporting us?"

Tubbo shook his head, "no, I don't want anything to do with your freaky magic shit."

"But we can get there faster an then this whole adventure will be over faster." Ranboo sighed, "I don't know why you're so opposed to magic."

Tubbo turned to the taller, "Ranboo, I'm literally a witch hunter."

"Okay, fair." Ranboo fidgeted with the reigns, "but you still use magic items, it's not that different."

"It is different. I know exactly what the items do. I don't know anything about your magic." Tubbo said, turning back to the path.

"Tubbo, if I wanted to hurt you, I would have by now, don't you think?" Ranboo sighed softly.

Tubbo shook his head, "well it doesn't matter much now. We're here."

Ranboo looked up to see a bright, flashing town in front of him. His eyes widened. It was beautiful, with fountains and people and merchants. It was as if the aurora borealis had been plucked from the sky and placed on earth.

Tubbo smiled softly at the witches reaction, "cool, isn't it?"

Ranboo could only nod as they rode through the city entrance. Never in his wildest imagination did he ever think a place like this would exist.

"Hey, come on. I know a place where we can stay for the night." Tubbo told him, leading him over to a sign that read 'The Inn-between'.

"Oh! Okay." Ranboo snapped out of his stupor to follow the witch hunter.

The two lead their horses to the connected stables, called The Otherside, and made their way into the main inn. It was a cosy type inn, with white marble accents that matched with the rest of Las Nevadas theme. There was a warm atmosphere, like coming home from a long journey.

"Sapnap?" Tubbo paused in the middle of the lobby.

The witch hunter looked up. His eyes went wide as he ran over to the brunette.

"Tubbo!" He yelled, hugging the other, "oh my god! We thought you were killed!"

Tubbo shook his head, "No! I got away! I'm looking for Tommy!"

Sapnap sighed as he pulled away, "Techno said he's dead. Killed by some other witch hunters..."

"And you're going to believe a witch?" Tubbo huffed, "not a chance."

"Technoblade isn't the type to lie." Sapnap told him.

"He-he's really not..." Ranboo stepped forward, "did he really say Tommy's dead?"

Sapnap nodded. Ranboo frowned deeply. Aimsey hopped out of his bag, placing their paws on his leg.

"Is that a familiar?" Sapnap asked, "Tubbo, you've been travelling with a witch?"

Tubbo shrugged, "uh, yeah? He's helping me find Tommy. What are you doing in Las Nevadas?"

"Dream found a witch." Sapnap shrugged, "I don't know who, but apparently their being burned tomorrow."

"Oh..." Ranboo whispered, picking up Aimsey.

"Don't worry, I won't make you go if you don't want to." Tubbo told the tall witch.

Sapnap nodded, "well, if you're here looking for Karl, we kinda have him hostage?"

"What!?" Tubbo turned to the witch hunter.

"He's okay!" Sapnap held his hands up, "Big Q wasn't cooperating, so Dream told me to keep him hostage. He's just locked in one of the rooms. If you two are staying, you can just take some keys."

"Alright..." Tubbo nodded, slowly taking the keys off of the rack, "come on Ranboo."

The witch nodded, quickly following the shorter. The bright, colorful town they had stumbled into had just gotten a lot darker.