Chapter 5

"So, you're saying that your time with us has come to an end?" Queen Hippolyta asked Thea after she'd been informed of Artemis's message to Thea.

"Yes. I appreciate everything you've done for me and my life is truly better since I came here, but Artemis has told me that my time here has come to an end, there's nothing more for me to learn here, though honestly, there is a part of me that wishes I didn't have to leave, since honestly, I was happier here than I've been in a long time." Thea said, since she'd honestly come to see Hippolyta as a second mother to her, or maybe even a first mother, since honestly, in both realities, Hippolyta had acted like more of a mother figure to her than Moira Queen ever had. But she had a mission to complete, which meant that she couldn't stay.

"I understand Thea and know that you'll always be welcome here on Themyscira. Even if you're going to our sworn enemy, Atlantis." Hippolyta said.

"Artemis mentioned that and I also saw it during my studies." Thea said and Hippolyta smiled.

"Before you leave, I have a few things for you." Hippolyta said as Diana and her aunt Antiope walked into the throne room.

"First, this is a gift to you from the Amazons as a symbol of our sisterhood and reminding you that you'll always be welcome here." Hippolyta said as her sister brought the gift forward and Thea saw that it was an Amazon sword.

"I doubt that weapons of the world of men will compare to ours, so take it as a gift." Hippolyta said as Thea took the sword in her hand and quickly unsheathed it to view it's glimmering blade that clearly meant it had been freshly forged for her, swung it around a few times real quickly before sheathing it and strapping the blade to her back and felt it become integrated her Artemis armor.

"And the second gift is one to Artemis. One that we've kept in our vault for eons and was entrusted to us by Zeus himself before the slaughter. Diana." Hippolyta said to her daughter, who approached and revealed a glowing silver bow.

"This was Artemis's bow. As in the weapon that was her symbol of power and her original weapon before she was cast out. Zeus entrusted it to us before the slaughter, shortly after he'd cast Artemis out. I think that he was preparing for this day by having us keep this weapon safe until Artemis was ready to reclaim it. The legends say that this bow was forged by the same elder cyclops who forged Zeus's lightning, Poseidon's trident and Hades' helm, only they forged it out of moonlight itself. It's one of the most powerful weapons in this world, but no one Artemis can use it. But since you're connected to her, you should be able to use it." Hippolyta said as Thea took the bow and her hand almost tingled as if the bow recognized her as its rightful user.

"It recognizes me as Artemis." Thea said and Hippolyta smiled.

"It's said that while the bow can fire regular arrows, Artemis usually used her powers to fire arrows of pure lunar energy. In time, you'll learn to do this." Hippolyta said and Thea nodded as she could feel Artemis's joy at being reunited with her bow.

"I guess now it's time for me to go. Once I figure out how I'm going to get off this island, since I don't trust boats." Thea said, since considering what had happened to her family because of a boat ride.

"I'm going to take you back." Diana said, since she was so proud of the young woman Thea had grown into. In fact, she was almost unrecognizable to the girl she'd been when Diana had first found her and when she'd first arrived on the island. The scared, broken little girl she'd brought here had grown into a strong, powerful young woman who'd finally taken control of her destiny.

Diana flew Thea all the way to Amnesty Bay from Themyscira and she couldn't help but chuckle when Thea took in a deep breath of city air, something she'd clearly missed.

"It's good to be back in the real world isn't it?" Diana asked and Thea nodded.

"I've missed it. I love Themyscira, but I was never meant to stay there forever. But I guess this is it for now." Thea said and Diana smiled.

"We both know we'll see each other again. After all, you'll need all the help you can get to stop Ares from returning." Diana said and Thea smiled.

"Thank you Diana. For everything. If it weren't for you, I'd probably either be in jail right now, or dead from oding. You changed my life." Thea said and Diana smiled.

"You were meant for more than Thea, I just gave you the push you needed. But now I have to go. But I think that it might be time for me to step back into the public eye." Diana said as she and Thea hugged before she walked away and left Thea to find her new ally.