Wish You Were Here

David Gilmour x fem Reader
Requested by my friends mom

    It was a casual afternoon and y/n was waiting for her usual call from her best friend David. He was on tour with his band and called everyday at the exact same time. As she waited she flipped through a book and suddenly heard the unmistakable ring of her landline. She walked to the kitchen and answered, and as usual David said hello and talked about the tour. "The last concert was amazing, at least 800 people came!" He said happily. He loved touring and loved sharing his experiences with y/n. He had something to tell her, but he figured he'd wait till later.
      "Thats wonderful David!" Y/n said. She was so happy for him. Even if she wasn't in the mood to talk, she'd always answer his calls because she loved him. But he didn't know. After a bit they ended the call and y/n went to put on a David Bowie record. She listened to both sides and than proceeded to put on some Pink Floyd. For good luck she thought.
              *Time Skip*
      Y/n was about to fall asleep when she heard the phone start ringing. She was confused because the only person who would ever call this late was David. But he'd already called. Still she answered, and too her surprise, it was David again. "David? But you already called." She said.
      "I know, but I wanna tell you something. I know we're good friends, and I don't want to ruin that, but, I love you. I always have. I was just trying to think of the best way to say it." He finished his sentence and y/n's jaw practically dropped to the floor.
      "I love you too. I have for a while. I'm glad you said something cause I know I couldn't have." Y/n laughed.
      "I wish you were here." David said.
      "Me too. Hey, maybe I can catch a flight tomorrow morning, to the next show. I've always wanted to go to New York." Y/n smiled.
      "Perfect! I'll get you a room. We're staying at the plaza." David smiled.
      "Can't wait." Y/n said. She was beyond excited.
                   ♡The end♡
[How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl...]