1986

Jason Newstead x Reader (more on the platonic side) requested by thaabot2006

      Today was the day you were going to your first Metallica concert and you were beyond excited. They had gotten a new bassist so you were also excited to see if he was good. You got ready and left, it was about 5 hour drive so you put on your favorite music and drove away.
                *Time Skip*
      You arrived at the concert and you were practically having a heart attack as you entered the stadium. Huge crowds of people surrounded you as you tried to find your seat. Finally you made it and waited for the concert to start. After a while the opening notes to Ecstasy of Gold played and everyone started screaming. After it ended James entered the stage and the crowd went more wild than you'd ever seen a crowd go wild before. Then entered Lars, then Kirk, than finally their new bassist Jason Newstead. They started playing Battery, then moved on to Master of Puppets. You were so close to the stage you could reach out and touch James. You withheld from doing this as you were far more encapsulated in watching the bassist. He was headbanging like crazy and effortlessly playing his bass. His fingers smoothly gliding from fret to fret and back. You continued to stare than Jason stopped headbangimg momentarily and glanced into the crowd and noticed you. Mostly everyone had their eyes on James or Kirk but yours were glued on Jason. He flashed you a smile and tossed you the pick he'd been using. The "heart attack" that had been brewing in the parking lot finally exploded. And James sang the ending lyrics to the song.
                 Master of puppets, I'm.     pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams
Blinded by me, you can't see a thing
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream
Master, master
Just call my name 'cause I'll hear you scream
Master, master
                 *Time Skip*
      The show ended and you finally realized that you had purchased a backstage pass. In all the excitement your mind blanked on that detail. As you made your way backstage you noticed James hitting on a few groupies, and Kirk messing with an acoustic guitar. They noticed you and made their way over. "Holy shit this is insane, you guys are my idols!" You said very much freaking out.
      "We're glad you came then. Enjoy the show?" Kirk asked strumming the acoustic again.
      "Yeah it was sick. Whos your new bassist?" You asked. And then he appeared.
      "My names Jason." He said and gave you a handshake. "Hey your the one who was staring right? And I tossed you the pick."
      "Yeah that was me. Your amazing." You said clearly freaking out. Suddenly a security guard said they needed to hurry up because there were people waiting. "Damn, wish I could talk longer but I guess I gotta leave." You huffed.
      "Hey, give me your number I'll call you later we can talk more." Jason said and smiled. You gave him your number and drove home.
                *Time Skip*
      "Holy shit that was the most insane thing ever!" You screamed as soon as you entered your house. Jason called you and you talked for quite a few hours. You hoped you'd get to another concert in the future.
             ♡The end♡