Chapter 1

I was sitting in the living room as usual, reading a book until Bilbo called for me that dinner was ready. I sighed and set my book down and got up from the couch. I then straightened the wrinkles I had in my navy blue dress; once I made sure there were no wrinkles in the dress I went over to the dining room where Bilbo is adding lemon juice to his fish. I then sat down across from him and before I could begin to eat the doorbell rang. "Were you expecting anyone at this hour?" Bilbo asked me. "No, not that I'm aware of." I answered. "Mhm." Bilbo said unconvinced. Bilbo got up and walked over to the door with me following closely behind him. He opened the door and there was a dwarf with a bald top of his head and dark brown hair falling down the side of his face. "Dwalin at your service." said the dwarf with a bow. "Hm, uh, Bilbo Baggins at yours." Bilbo replied. "And Mila." I added. Dwalin came in not waiting for an invite. "Do we know each other?" I asked. "No." Dwalin answered. "Ok." I said to no one in particular. "Which way laddie, is it down here?" Dwalin asked, taking his cloak off and throwing it to Bilbo. "I-It is what down where?" Bilbo questioned. "Supper! He said there'll be food and lots of it!" Dwalin said, walking over to where our dining room is. "H-he said, who said?" Bilbo asked. Bilbo and I quickly went over to the dining room to find Dwalin eating Bilbo's dinner. "Very good, this. Anymore?" Dwalin commented. "What? Oh, yes" I said and then slid my plate that was opposite the dwarf over to him. "It's just that we weren't expecting company." Bilbo said and then we looked back at the door when we heard the bell rang again. "That'll be the door." Dwalin stated. Bilbo and I walked back over to the door and opened it for a second time to be greeted by another dwarf with white hair and a long white beard. "Balin at your service." the older gentleman said with a bow. "Good evening." Bilbo replied. "Hi" I greeted Balin. "Yes, yes it is and hello" Balin said and returned my greeting. "Though I think it might rain later. Am I late?" Balin said as he came in. "Late for what?" I asked. "Oh! Haha! Evening brother!" Balin said with a chuckle walking over to Dwalin who was trying to get a biscuit out of a jar and ignoring my question. "By my beard! You are shorter and wider than last we met." Dwalin said. "Wider, not shorter. Sharp enough for the both of us" Balin replied and then the two dwarfs head butted each other. I grimaced at the action, that looked like it hurt. "Excuse me! Sorry I hate to interrupt, but the thing is I'm not entirely sure you're in the right house." Bilbo said. The two dwarfs then went over to the pantry. "Have you eaten?" Dwalin asked Balin while he filled his jug with some ale, ignoring Bilbo. "It's not that I don't like visitors as much as the next hobbit, but I do like to know them before they come visiting." Bilbo continued. Dwalin and Balin seemed to be discussing blue cheese and before I knew it Dwalin threw the cheese over his shoulder. "The thing is, we don't know either of you. Not in the slightest. I don't mean to be blunt, but I had to speak my mind. I'm sorry." Bilbo finished. Balin and Dwalin stopped talking and turned to Bilbo. "Apology accepted." Balin said and then they went back to what they were doing. The words 'I'll inform the others' went through my mind until it hit me that the dwarves here are the others that Gandalf was talking about! I pulled Bilbo aside so I could talk to him in private. "What is it Mila?" Bilbo asked. "I believe that the dwarfs here are-" I began until the bell rang again, cutting me off. Bilbo and I hurriedly went back over to the entryway and opened the door for the third time to two handsome dwarfs. One has strawberry blonde hair with blue eyes that reminds me of the ocean and the other is a brunette with brown eyes. "Fili!" the dwarf on the left "And Kili!" the dwarf on the right answered. "At your service" Fili and Kili said in unison with a bow. "You must be Mr. and Mrs. Boggins!" said Kili. "Oh no! We're not married, he's my brother and you can just call me Mila." I answered rather quickly. "Nope! You can't come in, you come to the wrong house!" Bilbo said and started to close the door until Kili shoved the door opened. "What? Has it been canceled?" Kili asked. "No one told us." Fili said. "Can- no nothing's been canceled." Bilbo said. "That's a relief." Kili said and came on in with Fili walking in behind him as if he owned the place. Well I never! And I thought he would be different from every guy I've met! "Careful with these, I just had them sharpened." Fili said, interrupting me from my thoughts as he dropped a pile of swords and daggers into my arms. "That's sure a lot of blades." I commented looking up from the pile with his blue eyes meeting with my brown ones. "Yeah, well, I have plenty and I'm going to use them." He said with a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes at this. "Is that so?" I asked sarcastically. "It's nice, this place. Did you do it yourself?" Kili interjected and brought my attention away from Fili. "No, it's been in the family for years." I responded. "That's our mother's glory box! Can you please not do that!" Bilbo exclaimed as Kili scraped something off the bottom of his boot. "Fili, Kili! C'mon, give us a hand." Dwalin said, coming out into the hallway wrapping an arm around Kili leading him over to the kitchen. "Mr. Dwalin!" Kili said with a smile followed by Fili soon after. I then ditched Fili's weapons onto a shelf because it was heavy. Goodness gracious, I'd never known anyone in all of Middle Earth to have a lot of Swords and Daggers. "Oh no! No no, there's nobody home! Go away and bother somebody else! There are far too many dwarves in my dining room as it is! If this is some clottheads idea of a joke! I can only say it is in very poor taste!" Bilbo said, getting me snapped out of my thoughts as he walked past me to the door and opened it to eight dwarves that had fallen in through the doorway with a large dwarf landing on them all.