1:1

---

3RD PERSON'S POV:

   "Erwin" Levi called out to him after their meeting about the positions and strategies for the upcoming mission outside the walls. "Anything of concern, Levi?" Erwin answered, Levi rarely had any concern about missions, everything was usually cleared between them and the group. That is why, this time, it stopped Erwin in his tracks. "I have a question, uhm, personal" a moment of silence was exchanged between the two. They both waited for the groups of crowds to disperse, until only the two of them were left at the conference room. "What is it?" Erwin broke the silence. "This is still about how to handle Eren, it's just that, I have my own opinion that I want to hear your advice." "And that is?" Erwin pressed the matter, clearly wanting the talk to be fast. Somehow, he feels that the topic will be sensitive to him somehow,

"I have this fear, Erwin" Again, silence consumed the two. Levi? Scared? This is a serious matter if so. "I have this fear that we might not be able to use Eren as a whole. Why? Because he has a power that no one else inside the walls has so far. We don't have that power." Levi said.  "It is true that don't have titan shifters to trust and rely on aside from Eren. Aside from that, the knowledge of titan shifters are still knew to us. That is why we are taking Eren with us for experiments and to test out his powers; also to see the extents and limitations of what he can do. That's what I see and that's what I give out as a command; right now, I don't get what you are insinuating or your problem." Erwin replied. "He has a power that only him can wield so far. What do you think will happen if he suddenly decides to act out and go against us? against our goals? I know that you know that we can't just rule out the fact that it is quite impossible that he is the only titan shifter in this world. What happens if there are more of his kind and they go against us somehow? If that happens, we would all die." Levi explained further. "You are correct about that possibility. I've thought and dreamt about that multiple times already. Though, I simp0ly can't rush into decision since right now, Eren helps us with a lot of things. I can't just kill someone that useful. So, do you have any ideas to prevent it?" Erwin asked cautiously. "I apologize in advance Erwin; but, I will not be revealing any of my plans or thoughts so far. I just want your advice and take on this." 

"Well, I already heard your point, so what kind of advice exactly?"

"I want you to know that If I act out these plans of mine, If I follow my guts and personal opinions, I will be acting against your orders and law." This time, Levi is the one who's cautious.

"I am well aware of this possibility, Levi" 

"My question is, should I stick to your plans and continue following the Law to be a proper soldier and all of that or should I listen to myself  and prevent a possible abomination with the cost of my rank and life?" Levi asked straightly expecting a direct answer and a punishment.

...

"It depends on you. Both of your choices have consequences. The question you should be answering is, 'will you be able to handle of the painful consequences of both choices you may choose. Will you be able to take the punishment the government will give if you go against us or will you be able to handle the guilt of not preventing things from possibly happening?" 

Erwin left after he said that. Not bothering to look at Levi nor to explain his indirect answer. 

---

For hours, he was gone in their quarters. He was also not in his office. Not in the mess hall. Not even in the latrine or the stables. 

For hours, he sat in one of the benches in front of her grave.

With Levi's given situation, his brain gave him flashbacks of the decisions he had to do. It was a decision he had to do before ha was an honorable and fearless soldier. It was a choice he was somehow forced to do, a choice which he regrets.

--

A/N

Short chapters guys. Have a nice reading experience!!

-mai