Part 6 | Curaçao

The rain has just stopped after Grace arrived at her apartment building this evening. She drenched in wet because she forgot to bring her umbrella which she always had it inside her bag. Apparently, luck wasn't on her side today.

The elevator chimed right after Grace read the message from Shane. He told her that he couldn't make it home on time because of his football practice today. She knew that her son would always make an excuse to come late even if it's not for his football game.

She sighed as she stepped out quickly to reach her door. She threw her bag down to her couch as soon as she's inside. She exhaled deeply as she stared into the kitchen counter. She needed to make a dinner as fast as she could before Shane comes home. Nonetheless, she had no choice but to get it done by now.

"Grace, do you still remember me?"

She remained still after she read the notification from her phone screen. She quickly turned the stove off and lean her body against the counter.

She looked through the person number in her contact as it named 'Sunwoo'.

Sunwoo?

She remembered it.

The picture on his profile was quite hard to recognize the person that she had met before in her life. The picture showed only this person's back and apparently it was a man's back.

"Are you Sunwoo from Curaçao?"

Not even a minute, this person texted her back with the only laugh emoji's on his text.

"I'm right in front of your door."

With that, Grace ran faster to the door.

The guy smiled soon after Grace opened the door. He immediately called her name and that's when she realized, the person in front of her was a man that she met five years ago at the market while she was still in Taipei.

It was summer time, she decided to make an account for her dating application. She realized that it was the dumbest idea that she ever made in her life.

Sunwoo was the first man who didn't ghosted her in the first date. And so it goes, they become close since then and had to part ways after he needed to go back to his hometown Seoul.

He came to Taipei after he spent his trip at Curaçao. Has she ever heard of that country before? The answer was no, she hasn't. But she had to discover about any information from that just so she could get along with this man in their first date.

He's a bit quirky, but at least that's what he described his personality. But for Grace, he's just some normal guy with different tastes of humor.

It didn't last long. What she meant by 'it' was the date. Sunwoo had to leave Taipei a month later. They stayed friends and she never heard of Sunwoo's whereabouts ever since until today.

"Why is it only the Curaçao thing that you remember from me?"

He asked and it made her chuckled. "Oh God, how are you?"

Grace replied as she opened her arms and pulled him into a hug.

"I'm really good, Grace! How about you?"
"I'm good."

She smiled as she pulled out of his hug.

"I thought I was wrong but after I saw you earlier at the elevator, I knew it was you."
"What do you mean?"
"Grace, I lived downstairs! I've been living in here for almost a year, and I heard about the new neighbor from the landlord— I never thought it was you."
"What? Oh my—"
"I know, right? This isn't just a coincidence— Oh God, are we soulmates now?"