Part 15 | Soon We'll Get Better

The woman that she used to call Mom, poured down the tea into a mug and she gave it to her. She murmured some words softly after she finally sat down on the dining chair across her.

Grace mouthed thank you to the woman as she smiled at her. "It's going to be rain today, why don't you two stay here for the night?"

The guy beside her chuckled as he finally finished cutting off the peel of the apple. He chewed the fruit as he gave a signal to her and the woman in front of him to eat the apple together.

"Dad will scold me if I stay here." He said.
"Jaemin, you rarely visit us. That's why he always gets angry every time he sees you."

She laughed with them. "Mom, I'm not gonna argue with Dad tonight. He knew I was absent for the whole three days." Na Jaemin continued.

She just shaked her head at him.

"What about you, Grace? You don't mind right to stay in here?" Grace startled as she almost choked on her tea.

"I, uh... I still have a job for two days straight. I don't want to bother you, Mom." She said softly to her.

The woman smiled. Well, she was aware that somehow the word 'Mom' still exists in her head. She definitely blurted out the word Mom without realizing it. But, seeing the woman smiled, it relaxes her a little bit.

She looked pale. She said that earlier she just came back from her checkup at the hospital.

Last year, Na Jaemin told Grace that his Mom needed to be hospitalized because of her illness. She had a diabetic problem which was diagnosed a few days after. It was completely a devastated news for her. She couldn't visit her at the hospital, but Na Jaemin told her that she discharged from the hospital after being told that she showed some good progress after receiving the treatment.

"Mom, I think you should get some rest. We're going to wait for Shane." Grace said as she realized that Mrs. Na had been yawning for a while.

Maybe it's the medicine, and it's her bedtime at noon. She probably needs a nap.

"It's okay, Grace. I could sleep later." She said as she waved her hand at her.

"Mom, Grace was right. It's your nap time. You should get some rest. For Shane, let us wait for him. We plan to take Shane to eat outside so you don't need to cook for dinner tonight."

With that, Mrs. Na gave her last sighed and chuckled at both of them. It's not like she doesn't want to take a rest, she wanted to see her grandchild back to his parents. She never witnessed this moment. She never saw them as a whole family.

Hours passed, Na Jaemin asked Grace to watch some locals series on TV. But the thing is, Grace needed to make some modules for the next semester which she could just do it next week. However, Grace is not the type to procrastinate everything. She was an organized person, she doesn't like stalling. Hence, Na Jaemin is the only one who watched the series, even he hyped it up by himself in order to get Grace's attention.

"That's the car." Na Jaemin said and it made Grace stopped typing from her laptop.

"Whose car?"
"Jisung."
"Huh?"

With a quick glance, she saw Na Jaemin stood up from the couch and ran faster to the door. She shuts down her laptop as she stood up to take a look at the outside.

It was him. She recognized the voice. She watched him hugged Na Jaemin and was followed by the person who just came out from the backseat of his car. It was her son, Shane.

The three of them came to the room. She watched Shane laughed with Na Jaemin as he walked together to come inside.

In just a second, both of them were stop laughing. The other guy was just standing there, staring at the person in front of him.