Part 12 | The Man

"We will have English test at the end of June."

Grace nodded to Jihye as she continued to stir up the spoon on her mug. She ordered her favorite green tea at the cafe nearby.

Grace decided to join with Jihye for lunch today. She has no energy left to cook for her lunch earlier this morning. She planned to wake up late.

"It's computer based, right?"
"Yeah, I overheard their conversation yesterday."

They both laughed. It's almost their English test date but still none of them have the information on what should they do to follow the test.

"Anyway," Jihye said as she let out a small smile, "Any update?"

"Hm? About what?"
"Your son."

Grace chuckled a little at her. She let out an exhale as she leaned her back against the chair.

"He went back to school this morning."
"And?"
"He's fine. Na Jaemin texted me this morning."

It's been three weeks since Shane's suspension started. After what happened that day, Grace decided to run away from their apartment. She left no notes to Shane and even Na Jaemin. It was late, Grace called Josh in the middle of the night to pick her up.

She's overreacting. Probably the words that they've said to her. Grace couldn't stand it anymore. It's not like she wants to leave her son forever. It's not just the right time to meet or even interact with her son. She wanted Shane to take a rest and probably this was the best idea for Grace to disappear temporarily after everything that happened to Shane.

But it wasn't for Na Jaemin. He kept calling her the next day after Shane told him that Grace left him alone in the apartment. He was so angry that day. Without telling him where she was going, Na Jaemin was already knew about where she went to.

She told him she wanted to be alone. She wanted to sleep peacefully at night without thinking about the situation with her and Shane. She stayed at her parents house for almost three weeks now. He wasn't completely sure about Grace's decision but he knew, she'll comeback.

Na Jaemin asked Shane to live with him at his suburb house. He had no choice but to drove Shane to school everyday. It's hard to adapt to it at first since he never does this routinely. Thus, he couldn't imagine what Grace must've felt all this time.

"I think I'm gonna regret this at the end."
"Tsk, for what?"

Grace shaked her head at Jihye's response. "My child. I left him."

"Grace, it's alright. He'll understand this."
"He has no idea. I'm afraid he'll hate me more. Gosh, I'm such a bad mother!"
"Hey! Relax."

Jihye grabbed a hold of Grace's hand as she started to move from her chair. She sat down beside Grace and she rubbed her back gently.

"You're not a bad mother. You're a good mother."
"If I'm good enough maybe I'll never think of leaving him for almost a month."

Grace can't help but to let out her tears. She quickly wiped it with her hands. She looked at Jihye as she wanted her affirmation that everything she said was true.

"Grace, you were hurt. You're in pain— If I was you I'll be just like you. Maybe even worse."
"I shouldn't done this."
"Grace listen, stop blaming yourself. You did for your own good. Shane is not a kid anymore, he's fifteen."
"He's a teenager— he maybe was confused about what he's doing right now. I just—"
"Grace, he even cursed at you! He called his mother a slut, some whore— he's not confused, he knows what he's doing! O-okay, maybe it's not my place to say this thing to you, but never lose your pride over a man."