Part 22 | I don't like how you paint me

Na Jaemin was a fucking coward. He is a fucking coward.

He didn't know what to do, he just sipped his wine, and poured them into his glass again until God knows when— when he knew that he was already drunk.

The loud music in the background had become muffled. He is a Dad, a Dad with one child and a Dad with an ex-fiancée.

They lived under the same roof now but nothing's ever been fixed yet. What are they? Are they boyfriend and girlfriend again? Are they going to get married again? They never even had a marriage. Is his life a fucking joke?

He groaned. He slammed his head lightly to the counter as he gripped his cup tighter. It's currently 2 am in the morning right now, hours before he'll come back to his office again and drop Shane off to school.

Shane. He needed to drop his child to the school, what was he even doing right now? Was he thinking straight?!

He stood up as he ran quickly to the parking lot. His vision started to get blurry and even worse as he walked closer to his car. He knew he was drunk. He knew he needed to go back to his house, their house— going to work, drop his son to his school— he was crazy.

He sighed as he walked away from his car and sat on the sidewalk. He stumbled down, trying to reach his phone from his pocket. He didn't think twice, he quickly find the contact and dialed his favorite person number.

Na Jaemin slowly counted the beep line on the call, thinking about his second attempt to call the person again if they missed the call.

Six, seven, eight, nine... "Na Jaemin?" The voice was low, so much that he couldn't tell if the person was whispering or talking.

"Grace." He uttered, he heard a shaky breath and a breathy sigh at the end.

There was a long silence. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know where to start the conversation, all he knew that he has been avoiding Grace since the last time they had an argument between their sex.

Was it a month ago? Fuck. He couldn't remember.

"W-where are you? Are you okay?" Grace asked and he swore he could feel his body sunk into the ground.

"I..." He trailed off, he could hear the sound of the motorcycle coming from behind his car.

"I'm outside the bar." Yep, he is a fucking coward. This was his escape, running away from his problem, running away from Grace again.

"C-can you help..." He paused, he closed his eyes as he saw the person from the motorcycle that parked behind his car before— intertwining his fingers with the person beside him.

When was the last time he took Grace out and hold her hand tightly?

"Are you alone?" Grace asked again. He could feel that Grace was up now since he could hear her steady breath, sitting up straight on their bed, even though he couldn't see her.

"Yes." He simply said— Grace must've thought that he was dumb, drinking and driving at the same time.

"Wait for me, Na Jaemin." That was the last words that he could hear from the other line. Until then, he could only hear a repeating beep, knowing that Grace had ended the call.

He waited for about twenty minutes— basically the place that he went to wasn't too far from where they lived- Grace knew, it was their place. His favorite place, precisely.

He stared into nothingness until he saw her new used Lexus ES- she decided to buy it with her own saving, finally. After debating with him, he gave up.