Part 14 | Cheap Flat

A loud breathing sound was heard from behind the door. Grace stood still in the living room and saw Na Jaemin walked out of the room with his messy hair, coming towards her.

"God, what time did you wake up? It's so early." He said with his eyes squinted followed by his yawn at the end.

"You can go back to sleep if you want to." She said, looking at him in disbelief.

She sat down as she placed her coffee on the table. She just finished vacuuming the floor and now she needs to wait for her laundry to dry.

"It's 7 a.m, how could you say it's still early." She continued and it made Na Jaemin groaned.

He walked slowly to the living room and he sat down beside her. He leaned his head on her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He pouted as Grace asked him to stop doing that.

"Why? I just want to stay with you." He said one more time before Grace could push him away.

"Don't you have work to do? It's been three days. You'll get fired."

He rolled his eyes as he lazily laid down on a couch, chuckling at her. "It's my own company, no one's gonna fire me."

"You're such a bad influence to all your workers then."
"They called me a good leader, tho."
"Like they have their choices to say you're a bad leader."

Na Jaemin stopped as he furrowed his brow at her. "Hey, listen. We're like the best company in this city."

"Whatever, I just need you to get back home and go to work. It's not free to stay here!"

Grace sighed at him. It was true, it's been three days since the movie accident in her house happened after she got her driver license.

Fucking is not the only answer, but it is what it is. He decided to stay and asked his Mother to take Shane to his parents house. She had no idea about what might happen after that but she knew she will never be able to refuse it.

She didn't know how to call and handle this situation but she believed she was willing to accept his feeling back. After what she had been through, she decided to stay with the same person just because she can't stop thinking about him. He showed up everyday in her mind and that's when she knew, he's the one that she loved the most.

"What if I didn't messed up at the day when you told me you were going abroad? What if I went to Taipei with you, worked on your dream, and raised Shane together with you?."

That was last night, they had their breaking point. They were talking about everything that happened in their lives.

"I should've just stayed with you. Thus, we'll get married together, rent our first cheap apartment."
"Cheap? Man, you're a fucking millionaire."

He chuckled. He rested his head slowly on her chest and wrapped his arms gently to bring her closer to his embrace.

"Let's just say, we're rich in our country, but poor in another country. We have deposits don't forget about that."

She smiled and gave her a little laugh. "Okay, next?"

She asked in order for Na Jaemin to continue the rest of their story.

"Then, I'll go with you on the first day of your job. I'll finish my college and handle the company from there. Or maybe I'll ask my Dad to cover it again and I'll find a job in Taipei."
"With your degree?"
"Of course."
"What's your dream job then?"

He hummed as he looked up at the ceiling, tapping his chin with his pointer finger.

"I always think of becoming an idol."
"Idol?" Grace asked as she thought of another random stuff that just came out from his mouth.