Chapter Twenty~Eight

It's an strange sensation to be sitting in Shells house. She still lives with her parents and they are lovely people. It's just weird to think that this was my first time meeting them despite being friends with their daughter for so long. They understand why, they picked to keep a distance as to make it less known. When I met her mom, Grady, she started to cry and wouldn't stop apologizing.

Her father, Chris, was silent at first before giving his own apology. He then went on to compliment me on my skills as a tracker. He called me a prodigy. The entire encounter made me uncomfortable and Shell was grinning ear to ear the entire time. They eventually went onto their pack duties telling me that if I wanted I could stay the night.

"You're parents are soulmates aren't they?"

"They're gross," Shell mutters tossing her peanut butter covered knife into the sink. "Are you sure you don't want any?"

"Yeah, Archer is making dinner."

"The alpha is making you dinner?" She raises a brow before leaning across the counter. "He's your domestic housewife isn't he? He cooks for you, cleans for you. All he's missing is a cute little apron to not wear any clothes under."

"Shell," I groan covering my face with my hands. I couldn't help but picture it as she described it. I've never seen him naked but I'm no idiot. Someone who could easily snap another man's arm in half is fit.

"Mmm, maybe I should give you this jar of peanut butter to lick off his chest. God, men with tattoos are so hot," she hums.

  However I have seen him shirtless so I know exactly what she's talking about. The highly detailed artwork the alpha has on his back. "Shell," I whine.

She laughs to herself. "I'm just teasing, besides why are you hiding out here? I love that you came over and spent the day with me and my parents but you've had that look on your face."

"Vic talked to you didn't he?"

She frowns at her sandwich as if debating on eating first or after the conversation. "He just said he was worry about you. That you're finally having everything catch up to you again."

"That's not why I got overwhelmed a couple days ago," I mutter propping my head on my hand.

She pulls her blue hair back into a clip before deciding to take a huge bite from her sandwich. She holds her hand up as if to say wait a moment. "Why?" She muffled through a mouthful.

"Shell, that's gross."

Why? She says again but through the mindlink. I roll my eyes.

"I can't say all of what happened because of it being alpha business but bare bones of it all Ghost pledge himself to my nonexistent Luna guard." She chokes on her food, coughing harshly a few times before downing her glass of juice.

She leans forward. "What the hell? What did you do?"

"I left."

"Holy shit," she whispers before slapping her hand against the counter. "Is that why the alpha has been acting so weird?" I shrug but shake my head no. "Is that you don't know or you do know?"

"I mean it could partially be that. It could be weird for him seeing I'm not actually a true ranked Luna and I don't necessarily want to be. However the offer came with helpful strings."

"That you can't yet disclose with me, I understand that part. Why else could he be acting weird?"

I try to find words to say it but I still can't believe them myself. How could I? How do you tell someone about your Alpha, your best friends brother, told you he's been in love with you for majority of his life? That your status broke him but not because of statuses meaning anything to him but because it meant his father would never approve. That from the first moment he saw you he couldn't look away. He was frozen to the spot unable to move and the only thing he could smell was me.