Nerding Out

"So, who is this friend you're taking me to see? How do they know how to fix a ship like mine?"

"Well, he's insanely smart, to begin with. And he also loves... everything about your world. So, he's our best bet right now. And, I think with your expertise and his brains, we'll have your ship fixed in no time. And then... you'll be free to go back home and finish your... super important mission."

I hadn't thought about that.

He has to go back. To leave. Like he never existed.

And I'm supposed to pretend that my celebrity crush hadn't crashed by my house, needed my help, and was a friend to me.

All of the sudden, I wasn't in such a hurry to get his ship fixed...

He decided not to say anything about my thoughts. Even though we both knew he could tell what they were.

He decided not to bring up that topic because he could sense how upset and confused I was about it.

We've only just met and I already don't want to see him leave.

Thankfully, we pulled up in Matt's driveway. I knew he was home. He's dropped out of school to focus fully on his well-paying career.

Drawing, sketching, and designing for big time action movies.

"So, this friend of yours," Anakin and I left the truck and headed towards Matt's front door. "He's smart?"

"Insanely," I smiled fondly. "He's also a huge fan of... your way of life. So, this should be a lot of fun."

"You're close with him?"

"Very. He's like... me but in guy form," I explained. "We're almost the same person."

I knocked on Matt's front door and waited patiently. We heard footsteps approaching the door, then it opened and there Matt stood.

Eye to eye with Anakin.

The pen that Matt had pressed to his lip dropped from his hand as he gazed in shock at Anakin in front of him.

I laughed nervously. "Matty, we have a situation."

"I'd say so..." He mumbled, eyes blown wide. "Y- are you some sort of cosplayer? I-I'm not having another messed up daydream, am I?"

"Cosplayer? Is that something else from your Hollywood movies?"

"Erm, no, c'mon. Inside," I urged the two guys into the house. Then we all sat on the couch together while Matt processed Anakin's presence.

"Do something cool," Matt said. "Something only a real Jedi could do."

Suddenly, all of the lights went out in the house.

"WHAT?!" Matt laughed. The lights turned back on and I saw Anakin's smirk. "Your saber! Is it real?!"

"Yes," Anakin pushed his robe back and activated his lightsaber. The blue light gave everything in the room a blue reflection. Matt was staring at the beam of blue light longingly. "I know what you're thinking. Don't touch it."

The two guys shared a laugh and Anakin turned his saber off and set it back in it's sheath.

"Matty, the situation," I urged him. "It's important."

"Ellie, you'll have to give me a second," Matt laughed. "Anakin Skywalker is standing in my living room. Would you like a drink? Could I get you anything?"

"No, no, none of that is necessary," Anakin patted Matt's shoulder. "Really, we came to you for help. Ellie, you said her name was, here, said you knew about the ships I fly?"