Regrets?

I'd been taken to the med bay the second we made it back to Coruscant. Anakin was pacing outside of the room. Impatiently waiting for a medic droid to come out and tell him that everything was okay and that I'd be waking up.

Kenobi was waiting with him. Just not... pacing.

"Why did you let her come along?!" Anakin asked, his voice raised. "Why didn't you bring more Jedi?! She wasn't prepared to handle battle yet!"

"Anakin, her injuries were purely accidental. You should have seen the passion and determination she had when she fought."

"She's amazing, I know, but now she's injured! I can only pray she hasn't lost too much blood! I heard those droids, they said a very important artery in her arm was severed!"

"Anakin, she's going to be alright," Kenobi still tried to steady his former student. "She's much stronger than either of us give her credit for."

"Masters Anakin and Obi-Wan," A robotic voice severed the tension. Both of the men gave the droid their entire attention. "Ellie is stable. She will wake up. Right now she is resting and must continue to rest until she is healthy enough."

A heavy breath of relief left both of them.

"Can we see her?" Anakin asked. "Please."

"You may. I will take you to her."

The two Jedi followed the white medic droid to the patient rooms. The door to the small room opened and revealed me laying fast asleep on the rather comfortable bed.

"When she wakes up, she must be taken to her room so she can rest in bed."

The droid left us in peace.

Obi-Wan looked down at me with a sigh.

"I didn't mean for her to get hurt, Anakin. Trust me. She knew how much blood she was losing, but she chose to fight through to rescue you. It was her own choice. I did what I could in that base to help her, but her continuing was her own decision."

Anakin was silent as he gently took my hand. His eyes taking in the sight of my arm wrapped tightly with white bandages. He felt guilty. Very guilty. Like it was somehow his fault that I'd fallen fatally injured.

Kenobi sensed the guilt in his friend.

"Anakin, this is no one's fault."

"I have to blame someone," Anakin mumbled. "I need to blame someone. I have so much anger."

"I can feel it. Ellie feels the same anger when you are in danger."

I felt Anakin's presence in my sleep, so I managed to open my eyes. Anakin smiled at me when he saw that I'd woken up and fixed my eyes on him.

"Hey, beautiful," Anakin spoke softly. "You're alright. Don't cry, you're safe."

"Y-you're okay," I whispered and closed my eyes, causing the tears in my eyes to fall. "I n-needed you to... to be okay."

"I'm alright," He lightly stroked my cheek. "How are you feeling?"

"Numb," I looked down at my now bandaged arm. "Very numb."

"You scared me," He whispered. "I could see you fading. In your eyes."

"I love you," I whispered back. "I love you."

"I love you more, Ellie," Anakin gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

Kenobi didn't know Anakin and I'd shared those three words yet. So it was a bit of a shock.

"You're mad..." I told Anakin. "At who?"

"I don't know yet," He sighed. "I'm mad that you got hurt."

"I k... killed the droid that sh...shot me," I stuttered. "It's okay."