Angels and Villains

"Anakin's gone," My father told me when he summoned me to meet him in the hallway for a meeting the next day. "Anakin has left. The monitors at the hangar said he took a ship and left. They said he wore a hood and tried to disguise himself."

"It's my fault," I bit my lip. "It's my fault. We both said... horrible things to and about each other. Things... no one should ever say. I pushed him away. This is my fault."

"Anakin has always had anger. Don't blame yourself, that's only going to hurt you," Obi-Wan informed me. "If he was just going for a fly, he would have taken a speeder. He took a cruiser. He's left Coruscant."

Sitting with the other Jedi at the meetings is still extremely intimidating. No matter how many times I've done it.

"What are we going to do?" I asked the Council. "Is there any way we could track him?"

"Do you think he's gone back to the base the bounty hunter had?"

"No, it was destroyed," I answered. "He set bombs and had it explode. Likely to destroy any evidence that he was even there. We have no idea where he went."

"Ellie, we'll find him," My father reassured me. "You don't think he went to... he couldn't have. Nevermind."

"You had an idea. And you got excited about it. What was it?" I asked my father.

"Kamino," Obi-Wan stood up. "He went to Kamino. I know it."

"We'll send a search party out for him."

"No," Obi-Wan stated. "I'll go. Anyone else and it would likely push him further into whatever he's getting himself into."

"We," I eyed my father. "We will go."

"Ellie, you're injured. You need to stay here. Train more. Get back to using that arm completely."

"I can use it," I said. "I can. Please," I gave him a desperate look. "That's... that's Ani. And our fight is the entire reason why he's gone anyway. I'm at fault for part of this I want to come with and fix my mistakes."

Obi-Wan sighed. Heavily.

"You kids will be the end of me," He stood. "Yes. Ellie and I will leave for Kamino. Tonight at dusk. We aren't to be followed, but we will allow locations to be read for safety should anything happen."

The meeting cleared out. My father and I rushed through the temple halls, trying to gather things together before we left.

"What did you say to him?"

"I'd rather not repeat it. Any of it," I admitted. "It hurts thinking about it. I shouldn't have said what I did and I'm very upset that I did."

"Ellie, what did you say?"

"I called him a child," My eyes watered. "I called him a child and immature and that I wouldn't name him a Master either. Then told him we were going on a break. Then... I gave him his ring back."

"I noticed it's absence," Obi-Wan frowned. We approached the hangar and picked out a ship to use. "You targeted a soft spot in him. A weak point. And he thought since you'd dropped him for a break meant you were dropping him altogether. So he left."

"Ani," I sighed heavily. "What did I do?"

"What did he hit you with?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Ellie," He pried. "I'm your father. I want to know so I can help you."

"He called me easy. That it was no wonder I was raped and abused that night. I'm vulnerable and a baby."