Set the Pace

tw: ((very light adult content, no full smut though ))

"I really hate to break up the very happy aura surrounding the two of you, but we have things to discuss with the Council about the threats still against Ellie's safety. As well as... the Sith we faced."

I winced when my father reminded me of that. Of all of the dangers and evil that we still have yet to face and deal with. Anakin sighed deeply, but nodded and tightened his hold on my hand.

We entered the Council room and I felt many eyes on me. I felt like I was being judged and degraded just by their eyes. I knew they weren't thinking that, but something about me having gone through so much makes me feel so weak.

"Anakin, good to see you back safely."

Anakin just nodded and sat in his chair. His chair way too far from mine.

What's going through his head?

I can't get in his head, not right now. He has some strong walls up anyway.

He's blocking off the other Jedi. He doesn't want any of them seeing what's really going on.

"Ellie, I understand that this topic might make you feel uncomfortable, but in order to further your safety, we need to continue discussing this."

"I understand, Master Windu," I told him with a curt nod.

"We've set a location of your home planet, Earth, on our master map. While you three were gone bringing Anakin back home, we received many unfriendly signals from ships around Earth. We sent a fleet to investigate, but they found nothing and came back without any information."

"Suspicious, that is," Yoda pondered. "Continue to keep a close watch on planet Earth, we all will. Better with more eyes, it is."

I felt emotions bubbling up inside of me. I spoke out of turn.

"It's my fault. If I hadn't come here, my home planet and life wouldn't be threatened. It means more work for you all and could end in another battle to defend Earth. Which would cost the lives of those here. Those I love."

"Ellie, even if you hadn't come to Coruscant with Anakin, the Dark Forces would have found Earth anyway. One side would and through permeation, so would the other. None of this is directly your fault."

"Best not to blame yourself, it is, better for health," Yoda told me. "Ruins focus, hate does. Distracts many, it does."

I sighed heavily and nodded. "You're right. My apologies."

If I hadn't let slip that Earth even existed to that spy, then the Dark Side wouldn't even know about it.

Or we would have a fleet out there for it's protection before it had threats against it.

If I hadn't found Anakin in that field by my house, none of this would have happened.

Anakin wouldn't have lost his arm in a fight trying to defend me.

My father wouldn't be constantly anxious about my safety and life.

I met eyes with Anakin and saw that he'd already been watching me. He had a look on his face that told me everything he wanted to say but wasn't able to. He hears me completely bashing myself in my head and he's telling me to stop.

"Obi-Wan, did you ever find the name of the Sith who resided at Malachor V?"

"Darth Valance," Anakin said. "He was young, at my age. He'd taken me in as his apprentice. He was going to teach me everything he knew about the Dark Side of the Force. Thankfully, Ellie came in and inspired me out of it. She and Obi-Wan rescued me after killing Valance."