Chapter 12

Sorry for the wait guys, I was logged out of my account and had family issues- my dads was hospitalized for a while but he's fine now and here's the next chapter.
........

Shu laid on his bed, lethargic and exhausted, but painfully awake. Unable to fall into the rejuvenating sleep he deserved, his mind unwillingly lingered to the source of his mental stress.

The fiercely hot touch of Lain's hand's on his hands, waist, face, skin, skin, skin. The erotic feel of his wet tongue on his fingers. His boring gaze, examining all of Shu.

Shu heaved a resigned sigh. His eyes flicked to the clock on his nightstand.

3:47 A.M

He clenched his eyes and withdrew his thoughts, attempting for the umteemph time to will himself to sleep.

...

Lain observed Shu more closely the following morning. Not so much what he was teaching but how he was acting.

They were unwinding for five minutes. Lain panting after the rigorous workout and Shu keeping a watchful, wary eye on him. Lain wasn't sure he liked the attention Shu gave him after... that time. Shu was always incredibly attentive, but he rambled about 'saving him' and 'controlling his flare,' these days it was always wariness and tentativity.

He knew it was him at fault, but he loathed to admit it.

Today, Shu had been slightly sluggish in his movements, hair a little disarrayed and gaze a tad unfocused.

It occurred, seldom however, yet it wasn't akin to an encounter with aliens. Nights he worked through for consecutive days left him in a similar state.

Though, Lain was aware that Shu had been retiring to his room at 11:00 at night- not the best, yet still sufficient.

Lain wasn't oblivious, he knew he was the cause of Shu's exhaustion. And as bad as it sounded, Lain couldn't stop the swirling satisfaction he felt.

He had an immense effect on Shu. He caused him to stay awake late into the nights. He was on Shu's mind.

Not that waitress, not Valt Aoi, not anyone.

Just him.

Lain inwardly growled.

Why was he feeling like this?!

It's because of Shu, but what's so different about him? He never cared less about any other person.

Harry.

Beyblade.

Flare.

Those were his priorities.

Those should be his priority.

"Lain," Shu's deep voice called out, snapping Lain from his inner turmoil. "You're distracted, what's on your mind?"

The question sounded like an order, causing Lain to click his tongue.

"You," he answered- not to be honest, just to gauge Shu's reaction.