Chapter 13

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for the wait! I've been overseas and honestly haven't been checking my notifications. But, I wanted to write a long chapter to make up for it! Enjoy :)

...

Two days passed with their regular activities. Honestly, Shu was surprised at Lain's normal, good by his standards, behaviour. Yet, as his teacher, he knew better than to assume this would last throughout his other apprentice's stay.

Lain yawned, boredom dominating his features. He idly gazed at the clock on the beige wall.

Shu was ten minutes late.

His eyebrows scrunched and his frown deepened. What could he be doing if not their morning drills? Suddenly, something clicked as a memory floated to his mind.

Right, he thought unhappily. Today's the day Shu said he'd pick up his stupid pupil from the airport. Sissy can't even make a trip by himself.

Lain grumbled at his wasted time. Well, there wasn't any point further fretting this. So he casually walked over to the dumbbells, sat down in the benches and began working his arms and biceps.

A strong launch warranted a strong lead in the start of a match, after all.

...

An hour and some time passed and other than the occasional thoughts of what takes so damn long to drive to an airport, pick a guy up and return, Lain was focused intently on his training exercises.

He became acutely aware of when Shu had returned by the loud and buoyant chatter from the other members of the Bulls.

He didn't have to strain his ears to hear the subject of their annoying talk. The fact Shu was back and he had brought his other student who seemed popular and held in well regards by other Bulls. Unlike himself, who was a figure of intimidation and fear.

He preferred it that way.

No one would bother him. He wouldn't be pestered. And he could pay all of his attention in his training.

He also liked the idea of the other guy being popular as that meant he could stick with the rest of the bugs and leave him and Shu as they were.

He was pulled from his  contemplation when the metallic door automatically slid open signalling a presence on the other side.

Shu strode in, hair swaying and a nice smile plastered on his face whilst his head was fixated on the direction of his supposed student.

The other guy had crimson eyes, similar to Shu's own, but with ghostly white irises like Lain. He had blonde hair, parted to the side and pale skin.

A tense moment of eye contact between the pupils passed.

"Alright you two, introduce yourselves," Shu ordered, flickering his eyes between them.

Lain noticed Shu's hand on his other student's shoulder, and grunted at it lowly.

"Fubuki Sumiye," Fubuki stated, voice serious.

Shu nodded at Lain to urge him to reply.

"Lain." At Shu's pointed glare he reluctantly added, "Valhalla."

"I decided the most efficient way to train you two will be together, the competition should be friendly but motivating, alright?" Shu guarantees coolly.

"Why?" Lain barks, dissatisfied with the choice.

"Otherwise, you're training time will be reduced, I already hired other trainers for the majority of Raging Bulls protégés, I can't just neglect my first student."