Chapter 6

After cleaning their mess, both were able to sit down and have breakfast. Though, at that point it might have been lunch time already.

They spent most of their afternoon talking and catching up with everything they've missed. Hitoshi had always been impressed by how easy it was to talk to Denki. That is how they became friends in the first place.

It was like going back to high school again. Denki did most of the talking, but Hitoshi didn't mind. He never had, and Denki knew that. That's why they enjoyed their time together so much.

Denki didn't mind talking so much, if anything, he appreciated how Hitoshi actually paid attention to him no matter how much he would say. Hitoshi, on the other hand, enjoyed listening. He liked seeing how exited Denki would get when he spoke

He also didn't like talking much, which would often lead to awkward silences, but with Denki he didn't have to worry about that.

The next few days had passed by nicely. Hitoshi and Denki would wake up and make breakfast, although Denki started to eat some morning snacks and wait for Hitoshi to make breakfast, since Hitoshi would wake up later.

After that they would mostly talk about random stuff or watch sappy and cringey movies that Denki liked, although Hitoshi liked them too, but he would never admit to that.

They would then decide what to make for lunch. With Denki there, Hitoshi found himself cooking a few more American styled lunches and snacks. He didn't mind them and Denki's eyes seemed to sparkle whenever he saw American food.

Again they talked or watched something, it was strange. Hitoshi expected the conversations to start to die down after a few days, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Finally, Hitoshi would leave to work and then the cycle repeated for the next 5 days.
They got to spend a lot of time together and learn about each other's lives from the past 5 years.

He learned about the professional hero Chargebolt, while also learning about Kaminari Denki as a person. There were a lot of things that stayed the same about him in highschool, while also a lot of changes.

It was nice, although Denki would complain about not doing anything. Hitoshi understood though, the few times he had to stay home due to injury were absolute hell. It's not like Denki couldn't go out, and he did, but most of his friends were working or out on missions.

He would start working again next week, which reminded Hitoshi that Denki would be leaving soon. It was sad but he was able to get some closure with him, which felt great.

It was great, as far as spending time with the guy he had fallen in love with, but it hurt. It was painful to know that it would end and he wouldn't get to stay with him.

Love was painful. It was something he has known since he was little, but being aware doesn't make the pain go away, if anything it makes it worse.

But he knows better than to fall down that rabbit hole. Right now, he has other things to worry about.

Today was Saturday, which meant Hitoshi had to go to his dad's for dinner.
He would prefer to stay here....

Whatever, he should begin getting ready. After all, he is leaving soon.

Was he excited? No. Not at all. He had been hiding the fact that Denki was staying with him for the past week. If he told them, they would make a scene. He just knew it already.

He could ignore the topic of Denki through text.

In person though, he would have no escape. He thought about making an excuse not to go, but he knew they were capable of showing at his doorstep and that would be even more catastrophic.

Nope! He could not allow that to happen. If they were going to annoy him, it would be better for them to do it without Denki present.

He would never allow Denki to see his family. Never.

For now everything had been going great! His friends hadn't been pestering him about Denki, and his family didn't know. He could only hope that this next week will go on as smoothly as this one...

DING DONG
.
.
DING DONG

It took a few seconds for Hitoshi to understand where the sound came from, after all he rarely had people over.
Hitoshi turned towards the door, confused. As far as he was aware, they weren't expecting anyone.

Hitoshi approached the door with caution, and just as he was about to see through the peephole

"Sweetheart! Open the doooor!!"

Hitoshi felt a sense of dread overtake him. He could recognize that voice anywhere. It was a voice he has heard since he was a child. There was simply no mistaking it. His papa was here, which meant that his dad and sister were also here.

Which very simply meant disaster!

Hitoshi looked inside his apartment trying to come up with a plan and turned towards the bathroom, thinking about his options. Denki was taking a shower. That gave him at least 10 minutes to find a way to get his parents out of there.

"I know you are inside!!"

Hitoshi opened the door quickly, he couldn't afford Denki hearing the commotion, but he stayed still, blocking the entrance.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Hizashi smiled and tilted his head to the side, slightly confused. Hizashi was carrying groceries, while Shouta and Eri, who was smiling a little more widely than usual, stood on the side.

"It's family night, silly."

Hizashi gives a small laugh, but Hitoshi is not one to back down easily. He could not allow this. Hitoshi glares at his father, unimpressed.

"I know that, but why are you here?" He then turns to his dad "I was going to leave soon. It is also too early."

Shouta looks at Hitoshi blankly and then sighs.

"Did you forget it was your turn this week?."

Before Hitoshi could answer, Hizashi pushes his way inside and leaves the bags on the floor.

"C'mon Hitoshi! I can't believe you would forget about us! We are here early cause I wanted to try a new recipe! It is nice to change the dynamic from time to time!"

Hitoshi wanted to scream. How could he forget? He went to their house two weeks in a row already. It had always been that way! Two weeks there and one here.

He had to do something. And he had to do it quickly.

"Actually, papá. Can we change this for another day? I completely forgot. Um.... How about tomorrow?"

Hitoshi grabbed his papa by the arm gently, trying to get them out of the house. He tried really hard not to push him or seem too desperate, he simply did it to show intention but his parents were sharp. They knew their son well enough.

Hizashi and Shouta turned to their son, clearly confused and suspicious. They did not follow Hitoshi's silent pleas to get out.

"Hitoshi, why do you look so nervous?"

Hitoshi kept looking back nervously, which did not go unnoticed by his dad. He couldn't help it, Denki was quite literally in his bathroom right now and he could come out at any second.

"Hitoshi, what are yo-"

"Aizawa-sensei?"

A voice suddenly interrupted all of them. Hitoshi grimaced at the thought of what that voice behind him meant. He could already see the shock on the face of his parents.

"Kaminari."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement from his dad.
And seeing his little sister grin at who they were seeing gave him a weird sense of fear at the thought of turning around.

Hitoshi slowly, very slowly turned around and found himself facing a semi-naked Denki, who stopped halfway while drying his hair with a towel.
.
.
.
Fuck.

__________________

Thank you all for reading and I hope you liked the chapter!
Comments and votes are always appreciated!