Chapter 7

"Sophie?" Edaline called "What's wrong sweetie? Are you still mad at Grady? Did something go wrong with Sandor, or Ro last night?" She questioned.

Sophie ignored her, she was not in the mood to have a heart-to-heart. "Did I do something wrong? Please tell me!" Edaline begged. "Nothing is wrong!"

Grady peeked his head out from the top of the stairs and joined Sophie on the sofa. "Are you still mad at me?-" Edaline muttered something like 'that's what I asked...' "-Because it's quite obvious 'nothing' is wrong."

"Please tell us, sweetheart," Edaline asked gently. "I can't hit any blows on the practice dummies, it's so frustrating! What if- if I can't protect Keefe from the Neverseen? Wh-What i-if-" 

"No 'what if's you are finding Keefe, and you will protect him! I believe in you, and I think you should too Sophie." Grady said firmly, looking Sophie in the eyes. Edaline came and sat to Sophie's other side. 

"Your father is right, Sophie. You need to believe in yourself." Edaline encouraged, smiling gently.

"So... does that mean I can run off alone, to find Keefe?" Sophie questioned with a raised eyebrow. Although she knew the answer no hurt in asking.

"No, it means that you're sneaking off with Sandor, to find Keefe." Edaline corrected.

"And only once you finish your training, with that knife of yours." Grady finished, and Sophie groaned at the reminder.

"He's right, honey. You need to continue working on your skills, after all, practice makes perfect!" Edaline said cheerfully, with a gentle smile.

Sophie nodded, and with renewed confidence returned to a waiting Sandor's training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5 hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turns out practice does not make perfect, if 5 hours of Exillium worthy training exercises is any indication.

Sophie was still bad at this whole training business, and her patience was running thin.

"Sandor, can we please do anything else? This training is the literal definition of the worst!" Sophie groaned, and complained.

"Miss Foster, in my land, this is a Goblin's standard procedure." Sandor told her, in his ever so squeaky voice. 

"Yeah, well, Goblin procedure sucks." Sophie grumbled, as she did a dramatic flop onto the grass below her, and placed a hand against her forehead. "How do you survive such torture?" She said dramatically.

"Well for one, we don't slack off when things get hard." Sandor told her, and raised an eyebrow.

"Wh- Bu- I'm not slacking off!" She sputtered, Sandor rolled his eyes. "I never said who  was..."

"I swear..." Sophie muttered something unladylike under her breath...

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I'm sleep deprived, and wrote this instead of sleeping at 11:30 at night.

I really appreciated all you guy's words (or actions) of encouragement, like really, I almost cried with joy when I saw the comments, and saw it got voted even 1 star!

You guys are absolutely amazing! 🤩 

I feel so happy you guys like this, and I swear, I do have a plot written down!

Again, I just wanna thank you all for reading, your comments make me feel just so happy!

Love ya'll! ❤️