Chapter 11

Dear Ty,

do you sometimes also have those days when nothing works and you get reminded of your past mistakes no matter what you do? I have one of them today. Everything reminds me of you and the worst part is that it's not like I'm mourning somebody who died. You're very well alive, there's no reason for me to be sad. It's just that you don't feel the same I feel for you. It could be so much worse. I always keep telling myself that I shouldn't mourn someone who didn't even die, but that only makes it worse. Now I not only feel sad, but also frustrated that I cannot control my own emotions.

I tried to do my homework, but I got distracted, I even started tidying up my room - but somehow I ended up in my bed curled up in the sheets and crying.

I would have probably spend the whole day like this, if Mina didn't barge into my room and demanded, that I went to the store with her to buy her favourite cookies. Well actually it was just "Kit. Store. Cookie. Mamndad busy." That's all a one and a half year old toddler can say.

Since I couldn't say no to Mina, I went to the store with her to buy cookies and some other groceries. On the way there she asked: "Kit cry. Why sad?", so I told her all about you and what happened between us. I don't think she understood everything, but she kept chanting "Kit love Ty! Kit love Ty!" the whole way to the store and even told the cashier. It was so cute. When I returned home, I actually got enough motivation to get some of my homework done. Maybe I should spend more time with Mina when I get like this. She can cheer everyone up.

Now I'm in my bed again because it's night and I need to sleep. But here I am, yet again thinking about you. I really miss you. Sometimes I hope you can feel when I miss you, but of course that's nonsense. Maybe, if I imagine that you're lying next to me, I can fall asleep.

I hope you can sleep better than me.

Love, Kit

Author's note:

 I have a question for you: Do you have any ideas what should definitely happen in this story? Because I'm lacking some new ideas. So if you want, please leave some ideas in the comments.

Thank you 😁