Chapter 2| Library

Tick-tock

Tick-tock. Tick-tock Tick-

  I'm staring off into the distance, the only sound reaching my ears was the relentless ticking of a clock. The teacher's voice and everything else become a blur.

    I snap back into reality when the teacher obnoxiously yells my name.

  "Kira?! Did you even hear a word I said? Young lady, you need to start paying more attention to my class!" The teacher gives me a stern glare.

  This bitch.

   I mutter a quick sorry, and she resumes her teaching.

  Am I truly sorry?

  No.

  She always has something against me. Maybe it has to do with the fact that her creep husband used to stare at me during assemblies.

It's not my fault her husband is a creep.

Or maybe it is. Was it because of my dre- No no stop.

  I tap my nails on the desk, and my head is resting on my fist. I keep looking at the clock, and the time just keeps slowing down. It's only been 10 minutes, and I'm already on the verge of dozing off.

  The teacher turns around, briefly looking away from the board and towards the class.

"I almost forgot, there will be a new student joining us tomorrow. Please be kind."

I know this class is filled with insufferable dickheads. They'll be anything but nice to new people. I've been one of those new students.

I glare at the back of Kylie's head, remembering what that bitch and her little pets did to me when I was still new.

✿ | ✿

The school day finally ends and I wait outside for Alesia, since she doesn't have the same last class as me.

Out of all the classes, that is the only class that just so happens to have Kylie and all her bitches.

It pisses me off.

   I finally hear the sound of fast footsteps, and immediately I know that it's Sia.

  She walks so damn fast. It's like the Flash, but the dollar store version. And slightly slowe-

  "Oh my fucking god!" Alesia groans as she catches up to me.

"Can you believe that my English teacher gave us homework? That too, but on the FIRST day!"

She complains as we walk down to the café.

   I smile as I listen to her. "My teacher would never." I laugh in her face, and she swings her arm around my shoulders as we walk.

"But don't worry, I'll help you. I'm a prodigy. I just need to change my last name to Einstein." I shrug and we keep walking.

"Einstein my ass. You have 2 brain cells." I roll my eyes and laugh at her words.