Chapter 11| Bloody Kings

DUAL POVS

 It's really strange how you can meet people and feel like you've known them for eternity

Or maybe even more strange when you want to stay with them till your hair grays and creases appear on your once smooth skin,

Until the black hole swallows the earth?

I read that while researching. What does that have to do with the project?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

But it's got me deep in my headspace and staring into the screen as if it's the first time I've seen a laptop.

"You good?" Mateo looks at me, concern laced in his tone.

"Yeah." I offer a little pat on his hand.

From the corner of my eye, I see Alexei stare at me as if he wants to say something.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

I examine him for a few moments. I notice that he immediately fixes his glasses and looks at his notebook again.

Aw. O çok sevimli. (He's so cute.)

I finish typing a paragraph before Luis interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Guys, I'm like really, bored." he stretches as we look at the time. It's around 6 pm.

"I finished a few paragraphs and sources." I state while fixing a few errors.

Alexei acknowledges with a slow nod and cracks his knuckles. My eyes follow the action.

My gaze lingers on the intricate silver rings adorning his fingers, one particularly catching my eye- a ring with a crown catching my attention.

It's an complicated pattern of a skull with a crown. A tattoo is peaking from the sleeve of his sweater.

I want to see more. I look back up at him and he's already staring at me. His eyes holding a strange intensity that could burn.

Flustered, I offer a quick smile before looking back at my laptop. I stare at the black screen for a long time before stretching.

A few more minutes go by and Mateo says,

"My brain is fried. I'm done for the rest of this week." He exaggerates.

  Luis agrees and closes the notebook that Alexei was writing on.

"Let's go eat?" Luis asks Alexei.

He pauses for a few seconds.

"You guys go on. I have a few things to do."

✿|✿

  I sigh as I stare at the man's disfigured face

I sigh as I stare at the man's disfigured face. The flickering light above casts ominous shadows, and his blood forms a dark pool underneath him. I make sure none of it gets on my new shoes.

Humming under my breath, I use the bloodied knife to leave them a kind message. My ring with a skull king is coated in the bloody mess.

Once I finish, I take a few steps back and admire my artwork. His eyeballs are in his mouth and whatever is left of his eyes, is open.

Unlocking my phone, I access his information.

Leonardo Smith. Age 37.

This fucker was arrested for assaulting his daughter's friends but was let off because of his money.

Someone has to finish the job.

Glancing at the shattered mirror, I catch a fleeting glimpse of the scene behind me as I exit the abandoned asylum, checking out the graffiti as I go.

The darkness slowly swallowing me as I go deeper into the forest, it's as if the darkness itself hungers for something

         ✿|✿

UNKNOWN POV

I sip my glass of whiskey as I stare at the TV. The news anchors hold an obvious look of terror but they try to look calm.

Death.

Death loves the fear, doesn't he?

The images of the scene and his writing flashes the screen.

"CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, FUCKERS."

I reach for my phone and dial a number.

"How much have you gathered?" I demand.

"Nothing, sir,"

"He didn't leave a single trace, all of the cameras showed no sign of anyone entering or-" He adds and his voice is cut off as I abruptly hang up.

Swirling the amber liquid in my glass, I find myself transfixed by its hypnotic swirls.

Playing with fire only burns you, a lesson I've learned all too well.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"ᴍʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴜʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴀɪɴ"- Sam Tinnesz
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
WORD COUNT- 675

I know it's been a long time yall! I've been extremely busy lately. Especially school oml. But expect frequent updates during the summer. I haven't wrote in a while so I checked over this like twenty times. But if there's any mistakes please do tell me. Thank you so much for 5k reads again.What do we think of unknown? So sorry for the short chapter. I love all of you beautiful butterflies.

Not yours truly,
   Mimi

Not yours truly,   Mimi