Chapter 3| Secrets

I blink multiple times as I stare back at the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen

As the light hits, they sparkle like emeralds, and their intensity is escalated. They remind me of a peaceful forest.

   The contrast between the green and the white of his eye is striking, and it draws me in, making it hard to look away. I feel like I could fall into them and get lost for eternity.

   His eyes and glasses are the only visible part of his face. I can't see anything else. And I'm sure he can only see my eyes too.

Suddenly, the guy shoves the book back on the shelf. I can no longer see anything. I pull it out this time.

   He's gone.

I frown. I get down from the stool and look at the book in my hands.

Damn it. Now, I'll never see him again.

But at least I got the book.

  I walk back downstairs and find Sia. She's just sitting at one of the desks and reading a book.

  She lifts her head and waves me over. I go over to her and sit beside her.

"The guy in this book is sooo..." She trails off.

"So what?" I shake my head and smile.

"Fine." She finishes.

I tilt my head. "That's all?" I bite my lip to keep in a laugh.

"Trust me, you don't wanna hear more." She warns.

  "I think you're right," I sigh, resting my head on the table.

"What's up with you?" She curiously asks.

I debate whether I should tell her or not.

She'll find out anyway.

I start telling her about the guy I saw earlier. She just listens as I talk.

"I see..." She trails off while laughing  and I slap her arm lightly.

"What-the-fuck-ever." I shake my head and my phone lights up.

My blood runs cold and I can't help but tense as I read the text message on the screen. It's from mom.

Mom: Come home, now.

I turn the phone away from Sia's view as I read the text. my hands tremble as I tightly grip the phone.

Oh shit, Oh shit-

I look at Sia and smile at her, easily masking my actual feelings.

I wish that text meant want she thinks.

"Oh wow. Would you look at the time?"

I point to my imaginary watch.