22

Two Months Later.
:
:
"What about this one?"

Brooklyn eyed the interior of the new 2023 Jeep Wrangler. She figured it was time for a new ride and the jeep was looking just right.

"I think this is the one." Brooklyn smiled brightly. She would be buying it on her own this time which made it even more exciting for her.

The woman led her back to her office to go through the different payment methods Brooklyn could take.

After that was handled, she was handed the keys to her new vehicle.

"My new baby." Brooklyn snapped a picture of the truck. She got inside and checked everything out once more before heading home.

Once she arrived she saw that Kevious was in the driveway. He was watching Braylie crawl up and down the front steps.

His attention went on the jeep pulling into the driveway. He furrowed his eyebrows pulling his phone out to call Brooklyn.

"What yo mama on?" He picked Braylie up. Brooklyn exit the car causing his glare to drop. She laughed jingling the keys in the air.

"You like my new baby?"

"You was about to get fucked up."

"Boy whatever, come over and check it out."

"Ride smoother than the other one?" He checked inside. He liked the way she chose to color coordinate all of their cars.

Each car went from light gray to midnight black.

"Yes, it's so spacious and comfortable."

Kevious nodded his head while looking back at her. She held her hands on her her hips while eyeing the For Sale sign with SOLD across it.

The two had decided to sell both of their homes and get their first one together. It was a four bedroom home, something nice and cozy.

They planned to build their home together within the next two years.

"I can't believe I'm about to be sharing my space with two people." Brooklyn said. Braylie had been crying to sleep in her bed so now she shared it with her.

Now Kevious was going to be there every night along with her.

"That ain't nothing new shorty." Kevious commented. Brooklyn rolled her eyes walking into the house. She looked around seeing how well put together she'd done the living room.

"I'm going to go finish things in the bedroom." Brooklyn said to Kevious. He sat on the couch and placed on Mulan for Braylie.

Brooklyn on the other hand begin to unpack the rest of her clothes. She came across some of Kevious's clothes and decided to fold them up.

Over the past two months the two grew into a healthy relationship. They surprisingly hadn't argued in the amount of time.

The time spent with the therapist had also shortened. The only thing Brooklyn had to work on was not keeping very important information from Kevious.

Suddenly a piece of mail fell from one of Kevious's coats. Brooklyn grabbed it and stared at it for a moment.

"The baby's gender." She whispered contemplating on looking at it.

Footsteps nearing the room grabbed her attention. She took her eyes off of the white envelope and looked at Kevious.

"How you feel shorty?" He questioned sitting on the bed. He focused his attention on her while she played with the opening of the paper.