24

"Damn."

Brooklyn buried her head in her pillow trying to tone out Braylie's constant crying. It was one in the morning and she was over exhausted.

Kevious ran a hand over his face and stood to get her.

Brooklyn sat up in the bed and grabbed the different bottles of medicine. She was sure it was the ear infection Braylie had that kept bothering her.

"You good Sanai, just chill for a moment." Kevious placed her pacifier in her mouth. She was able to calm down when they turned the lights on.

Brooklyn gave her some of the medicine and then the three were just up staring at each other.

"You think we should look away?" Brooklyn asked, Kevious shrugged.

"Either she cries or she'll go to sleep." Brooklyn slowly turned her head. Kevious did the same a minute after her.

Soon they heard her small snoring. Brooklyn placed her back in her crib before getting back in bed. It wasn't long before she and Kevious went to sleep.

It was about 12 in the evening when they all woke up. Brooklyn was busy going through her plans on both her Kevious and Braylie's birthday.

"I ain't ever imagine being up at two in the morning for my sick kid. Crazy." Kevious walked into the room with her.

"Real crazy." She continued to calculate everything. Kevious grabbed the notepad from her and threw it over on the table.

"Stop trying to distract yourself. Talk to me." Kevious ran his hand over her thigh. She looked at him releasing a huge sigh.

"How you figure I'm distracting myself?"

"You avoiding eye contact with me, barely talking, just doing shit you know you don't usually do."

"I'm sorry, I just–ain't nothing to be sorry about. I just want you to stop being sad shorty." Kevious continued to rub her thigh.

She placed her hand over his while looking at her ring.

"Do you think you're going to go to prison?"

"I ain't sure on that but I'm gone try and keep it from happening. You won't have anything to worry about though baby, I promise."

"You keep saying that but I do have to worry. I know you don't have the answers to every question I have but  it's just hard for me."

Kevious nodded his head, he understood how she felt and everything. He was just upset with how she distanced herself.

"You love me?" He questioned, Brooklyn looked at him and nodded.

"Of course I do, what kind of question is that?"

"Do you love me enough to stay down for me? I ain't gone force you to do something you don't want."

"You would but I'm staying because I want to and I love you. We've been through a lot together and we got through it. Even if things don't go as well, you'll always have me."

Kevious grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"I'll make sure you get that baby if I do get locked up though."

"Definitely not happening."

Kevious laughed while pulling out his ringing phone. He saw that it was Wayne and shook his head.

"Can't even front, I want to kill this nigga." He said turning his phone off. Brooklyn could tell he was getting pissed just thinking about it.

"Did you trust him?" Brooklyn questioned. Kevious rubbed his chin, he never trust anyone in the business but the little bit he did put into Wayne was real.