20

Y/N laid on the bed in the motel room she rented out for the night. A sigh escaped her nose as she stared at the ceiling. Ready to come back to the company building only to give up everything she's worked for the last eleven years of her life was quite the decision she's made. But that wasn't the only thing keeping her up, nor was she the only one being kept up at night this late.

Nayeon too was struggling to fall asleep and she had stared at the wall across from her. Although she had never slept beside Y/N, she wished that her presence was here to calm her. So, she turned on one of the lamps in her room and grabbed her phone, dialling Y/N to video call.

Y/N heard her phone ring and she turned on the lamp that stood on the night stand next to her bed. She sat up on her bed and answered the call. When she saw Nayeon's face appear on her screen, she couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry if I did." Nayeon started and Y/N grinned, shaking her head.

"I haven't been able to sleep, either." Y/N assured her and Nayeon nodded in return. "When I come back, I'm also handing in my resignation letter." She revealed which Nayeon immediately frowned upon.

"I didn't think it'd be so soon already."

"Me too, but I can't prolong it anymore." Y/N shook her head, turning to her side as she looked at her screen.

"So, how's the place you're staying at?"

"Not too bad, I don't think anyone's been murdered here so I'm lucky." Y/N looked around and Nayeon chuckled, smiling at her. "How's Yosuke doing?"

"He's doing okay hopefully. He got that Junseo guy arrested and all the other guys who tried to kidnap you."

"Thank goodness, I was not going to deal with him anymore."

"What was his deal anyway?"

"I don't know. Was a fan of me I guess, then he wanted to steal the glory from Kiha of taking me down,
real obsessive fan behaviour."

"You have fans?" Nayeon raised a brow chuckling in disbelief.

"They're different than to what you know. They don't buy my merch or idolize me or anything, they look at what I've accomplished as a hacker over the years I worked with Kiha and they highly respect me for it. Some even use my accomplishments as milestones they want to achieve. Kiha told me just before he killed Angelica that he wished he was able to take out all the parts that made me, me and left the parts in that made me so good at my job." Y/N sighed softly. "It made me feel useless. To only be recognized for the thing you're good at, not the thing you wanna be. Now I was finally starting to find myself again but I got pulled right back in to that old person I used to be." She chuckled.

"It's hard trying to stay true to yourself, huh?"

"Yeah..." Y/N frowned, looking at her.

"I get it. It's been nearly eight years that I've been doing the whole idol thing and I still don't know if I can stay true to who I was before my debut while still keeping the person I am now. You should've seen me back then, fuck I was a mess." Nayeon laughed, shaking her head and Y/N chuckled, smiling at her. "What about you? Were you just a mess as I was back then?"

"I was probably worse." Y/N grinned.

"Have a good first day at school, baby!" Y/N sighed softly as she stepped out of the car and looked at the entrance of her new high school.

"Thanks, mom." Y/N then waved goodbye as her mom drove away. She turned around and walked into the school. First days weren't all that bad but boy were they difficult to get by. Y/N spent her first period of the day on her computer before it was confiscated by her teacher in the second period. By the end of the day, she had given a genuine apology to the teacher and had received it after promising not to use it again.