27

"Now, how has your life been in terms of relationships? Romantic ones?" The therapist asked Y/N and she looked over at her.

"Well, I've been seeing the woman since I left for prison and I haven't had any physical relations since..." Y/N pressed her tongue against her cheek as she looked away. "Since I left..."

"Has that changed how you felt about her?"

"It has. It's... left me realizing how much I can't live without her-" Y/N then sat up suddenly. "I grew up to be independent, I never needed anyone but I learnt to know it was okay to ask for help at least."

"But when I'm with her, I..." Y/N chuckled in disbelief shaking her head. "Yosuke helped me realize that I already stood upon a few pegs but she took me down from some I didn't even know existed. Ever since Kiha betrayed me and Angelica died, I was afraid of loving someone again. I thought that maybe there was something wrong with me this entire time and that I wasn't meant to love or to be loved. It's unfortunate I never realized just how much I loved her while I was still around her to do so." Her lips curved into a small frown.

"You said she was coming to finally visit by the end of this week." Her frown started to curve back into a smile at the mention of her visit.

"Yes, yes she is." Y/N responded, nodding.

"Perhaps it'll be fulfilling to tell her you love her. Or the next time you call, you can tell her there. Whenever your heart feels to say it, just say it."

"She's unpredictable. For more years than there are fingers on my hands, I have had the skill to predict where the person in front of me will step next because I was taught from the very best. But I can't expect how she'll react when I tell her I love her, I can't expect how she'll end up when she accepts my love. But I can expect where she'll be if she rejects my love. She'll be back at home, miles away from me and even farther from Kiha."

"Kiha is in the most secure prison in the world. I did a little bit of research on him and I have the pleasure of telling you that in the three and a half years that he's been there, he would prefer to have a glance at the sun over having the chance to see your face again. Kiha should be the least of your worries, what you should focus on is letting yourself be happy. You served your time in prison, you're now serving the rest of your sentence on parole, with the freedom to readjust yourself in society." She responded and Y/N looked at her.

"I really love her..." Y/N muttered and the woman grinned.

"I know you do. But does it mean anything if she isn't the one to hear it?" Y/N then let out a small sigh, listening to her words.

——

Back at the house, Y/N was brainstorming, thinking of what she could add to a song she's been working on for the last few days. Although it has nearly been a week since her new life, she has yet to enter her old one. Angelica's room, though Y/N has walked past it many times now to get to her room, she's never even glanced over the door.

Just as she walked past the door for the fourth time today, she stopped right in front of it. Her hand starts to shake as she thought to approach the door and she turned to face it.

"You want to visit her?" Sara spoke all of a sudden from across the hall, scaring Y/N despite her lack of intention to. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's okay." Y/N turned to her and took a deep breath. "I don't want to disrespect you and enter without your permission."

"Oh, Y/N... you loved her just as much as we did. You too have the right to see her whenever you want." Sara smiled softly. "Now, I'll be doing the laundry." She then walked away and Y/N sighed softly, grabbing onto the doorknob.