Part 10

Sam had woken up with his head feeling a bit dizzy. He then looked around and spotted Melloetta still lying on the ground. He ran over to her hoping to see if she was ok. She had a scar near her eye from the hit dark void had inflicted and there was a bit of blood coming from it but she seemed to be ok. Melloetta then started to open her eyes which made Sam feel relieved. She tried to get up but her body wouldn't let her. "Hey take it easy! You took a pretty big hit." "Where's Dark void though? And the army?" Melloetta replied.

That thought hadn't crossed his mind until just now. Sam looked around to see no army or Dark void in sight and even the sky was back to normal too. "Melloetta...I think we won."
"We did...? *cough* that's great." Melloetta exclaimed. Sam assessed the situation some more and realized it would be bad if people were to see Melloetta.
"Hey I think we should head back to the airship, we need to treat that scar and we both are exhausted." Without waiting for an answer Sam picked up Melloetta and headed for the soccer field which conveniently was near the school.
"That sounds like a good plan...I'll get the remote out." Melloetta exclaimed.

The two brought the airship to the ground and hopped on. The ship then ascended into the sky where Sam took Melloetta to the medical room to treat her. "I don't think I've ever been this exhausted before ever..." Melloetta exclaimed. "Well it was a big battle, now hold still." Sam carefully put the bandage around Melloettas scar. "And...there! Good as new!"
Melloetta chuckles

"Thank you...but I'm still confused on why I'm so exhausted, I mean your totally right it was a big battle but...I'm used to battling and that was not the longest battle I've been in before so it just troubles me a bit that's all." Sam then remembered something from the battle and spoke up. "Well what about that moment when you broke the barrier and hit Dark void? I've never seen you move that fast before. Have you always been able to do that?
"Oh that...to be honest I had almost forgotten that had happened. But no I've never had that kind of power or agility before..." Melloetta replied. "Well maybe in that moment you had awakened to a new type of power? That could be the cause of your exhaustion."
"It could be possible..." Melloetta pondered.

"Well for now rest is what's most important right now." Sam exclaimed "I agree, I think it's best if I should lay low for the time being."
"Yea...wait a second why did you say "I" like that?" Sam replied.
"Oh well the town is safe again so I thought I'd drop you off back at your house."
"Oh...but can't I stay up here with you for a bit?" Sam questioned.
"Don't get me wrong I would love for you to be able to stay longer but when the authorities are doing casualty counts to check and make sure everyone is safe if your name doesn't come up they might get suspicious and think there's some foul play involved."
"That's...well you have a good point."
Sam bit his tongue, he wanted to spend time with Melloetta some more, she was genuinely a good friend but she brought up a good fact.

"But I'll be able to see you again right? Your not going now are you?" "Oh don't worry! I'm not going anywhere, I don't even have a way back home yet. I just think it would be safer if we both got back to our normal lives for a bit then meet up later! Let's say...in a week?" Melloetta replied. "Ok sure! Sounds great!"
Sam felt relieved that he will be able to see her again. "I'll drop you off in a bit, for now though I'm starving" Melloetta exclaimed. "Oh same, I haven't had lunch yet." Melloetta then got up
"Come on! Let's go eat in the cafeteria!" She said as she flew out of the room. "Haha hey! Wait up!"

A couple hours pass and the airship was camouflaged and hovering just above an open field. It was time for the pair to part ways for now. "I'll be here around 5pm on Thursday to pick you up again ok?" "Sounds great! Oh and uh..." Sam hugged Melloetta "Thanks for training me and saving my town..." She smiled as she embraced back. "No problem"

Sam then stepped back as the airship started to fly back up into the sky. From the outside Sam couldn't see the airship anymore except for Melloetta who was waving at him. He smiled and waved back as the airship flew higher into the sky until Melloetta walked inside the airship concealing her view. Sam then started to walk back home his mind racing with what's been happening the past week.

One thing that troubled him though was Dark void. He had no idea where he came from and he was terrifying just thinking about it made Sam feel a bit stressed out. But what happened to Dark void did they really defeat him? Or did he escape...? Sam really hoped the second option wasn't true but it still worried him. He should discuss it with Melloetta on Thursday he thought.

As he was walking home a thought had crossed his mind.
He suddenly remembered he overlooked a certain detail that could become crucial to help and confirm his answer.
Sam changed his direction and headed for the school.