Part 07

Sam entered the armoury with a stern look on his face as he went over to the arsenal.
He grabbed his practice sword he'd been using to train his fighting skills with. Thinking he would need more firepower he also grabbed a pair of pistols that automatically reload, a concealed blade in case he lost his sword and a small attachment for his shoes that will stall his falling before he hits the ground.
The attachment was a gadget that Melloetta had made for him to help with his flying training so he wouldn't get hurt if he hit the ground. It may have originally been used for training only but right now it's perfect for making a quick landing. Satisfied with his firepower he headed up to the roof of the airship, ordinarily to exit the ship you would use the hatch at the front but Melloetta had the remote that could open and close it from the outside.

Opening the grate at the top Sam could immediately feel a gust of wind hit him almost pushing him out into the sky. But he grabbed onto the top and crawled his way out closing the grate behind him. He stood up carefully as he navigated towards the front of the ship trying his best not to get blown away.
He reached the edge of the ship as he looked straight down, his heart almost jumping out of his chest as he did so. He could almost barely make out a small camp down below. Because the ship had been slowly moving he wouldn't be landing in the same spot as Melloetta so he would be alone until he found her on the ground. Sam was trying to work up the courage to finally jump when reality finally set in for him.

What was he doing. He was on top of a highly technological airship that he's never seen before and about to jump off it thousands of feet in the air so he could help a fictional character fight an otherworldly monster.
Why does this feel like a wild dream in his head...is this even real life?
He started to take a couple steps back pondering over this bizarre situation he was in.
This is real but stuff like this never happens this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing...

After thinking about it Sam took a deep breath.
And started running towards the edge of the airship. He leaped off the airship doing a flip in the process. The wind was pushing him in all sorts of directions and the adrenaline was kicking in but he calmed down and looked straight down. He could see he was falling towards a camp where there was people that were being held in cages and needed help. The guards were oblivious to Sam this was his chance! The attachment for his shoes started to activate as his decent was slowing down right on top of a monster. He readied his sword and when he got close enough he sliced the monster making a clean cut and eliminating the monster easily. The monster then dissolved into black goo and disappeared out of sight. Sam then remembered what Meloetta told him that the monsters don't necessarily die they just dissolve and disappear into nothing. This put Sam at a brief ease as he could never think of killing a living creature. He then looked around,the monsters had definitely noticed him now and were getting ready to charge right at him so he readied himself.

One monster started running right at him and took a swing but Sam dodged and sliced him having him dissolve in the process. Another monster came out of nowhere and swung their weapon, Sam parried the attack catching the monster off guard and sliced the monster in two. More monsters were coming so Sam sheathed his blade and took out his firearms and fired taking out a couple foes in the process. Sam went on the offensive and ran right towards a monster. He jumped over the foe while striking it in the process having it dissolve. With no hesitation he threw his sword at the nearest monster making it fall and dissolve instantly. One more monster appears this one being different, it was smaller and looked more animal like or from what he could analyze. It started to run at him much faster then the other monsters. Sam also ran at it as the monster leaped at him claws bearing.
Sam then slide under the monster revealing his concealed blade and stabbed the monsters chest making it spew out black goo.

Sam stood up catching his breath as his head zipped around. There were no more monsters around. He fell and sat on the ground now needing to take a breather. He did it...he took out the camp.
A roar was then heard by him making his spine chill in fear. He quickly got back up as he saw a monster reveal itself from behind some boulders. It was much bigger then the ones he just defeated.

When it noticed him the monster readied its battle axe and charged right at him.
Sam panicked and started searching for his sword quickly. He spotted it and made a run for it as he picked it up and turned to come face to face with the big foe. The axe was swung as Sam attempted to parry it but it knocked his sword right out of his hands. He swung his concealed blade at the monster but was punched before he could react. Sam fell face first into the ground noticing a crack in his glasses as fear started to set in. The monster then stood directly above him and started to raise his axe.
Sam used his hands in a attempt to block the blow and hide his eyes from the view of impending doom. But suddenly he heard a strange sound before lowering his arms.