Chapter 3 | Dark Clouds

Mr. Wang and Yibo went to the hallway in vain, Liying did not miss the opportunity and sneaked out of the room. She leaned against the wall in the hallway and listened to the arguing between father and son.

From the conversation, she quickly deciphered two things that made for a great trump card in her little dark game

From the conversation, she quickly deciphered two things that made for a great trump card in her little dark game. She knew she was on a winning path and only had to use the information he had acquired and favored against Yibo or his father at the right time to get what she wanted. - One is that Mr. Wang didn't know about her dark past or what she had done to Yibo. And from the argument, it soon became clear that he would most likely never know anything about it, as Yibo refused to tell him. The other was that Yibo knew nothing about what his father had just refused to let Liying mention; namely, that Mr. Wang was in the hospital. Liying learned of the old man's secret with ease; she met him by chance just as Mr. Wang was leaving the hospital.

---------------------------

Yibo and Liying's relationship wasn't always stormy. Yibo met her when she was a child, and they quickly became good friends. They spent a lot of time together. They had been on good terms with each other for years. But as they got older, their relationship began to change, as did Yibo's. Since Liying didn't really have any other friends because of her slightly bad behavior, the estrangement of Yibo, her only true friend, made her increasingly frightened and angry. And what made things worse was that she began to harbor deeper and deeper feelings for her friend. However, all this was not reciprocated by Yibo towards him. Every time Liying tried to express her feelings for him, Yibo rejected her. Despite this, Liying remained stubborn, refused to give up, and kept going. In the end, Yibo got fed up with Liying's behavior and decided to break off the relationship with her. When Yibo told Liying that their friendship was over and that she would leave him alone from now on, Liying didn't take it well. She yelled at him, punched Yibo in the chest with her fists, and stormed off, saying Yibo would regret what he had done.

A few days later, Yibo attended the birthday party of one of his friends.

Initially, Yibo felt good at the party, but when, at the urging of his friends, he began to drink more and more alcohol, things quickly took a turn for the worse. But the real problem came when Liying also appeared drunk in front of Yibo.

 But the real problem came when Liying also appeared drunk in front of Yibo