Chapter 13 | A medicine and a poison | Part 1.

Mr. Wang spent the whole night lying sleepless in his bed. He decided to get out of bed early in the morning.

Ever since Yibo almost drowned at sea, he had been plagued by nightmares in the evenings and guilt during the day. Ever since Yibo mentioned to him the existence of merfolks, which even the doctor had confirmed, albeit in other words, Mr. Wang could not really think of anything else. He stood by the kitchen counter, holding the glass in his hand and barely taking a few sips of his freshly brewed coffee. He was absorbed in his thoughts, until finally, after much thought, he put the glass down on the kitchen counter and walked out of the kitchen. He went outside, got in the car, and drove off. His destination was not his workplace, but two places he had last visited long ago.

Mr. Wang knew that his journey would be difficult, but he felt that the time had come to finally close his past and start a new chapter.

-----------------

Meanwhile, at Yibo's house ....

When Yibo woke up, he turned over so that when he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Zhan's face. Zhan lay opposite him, he was still resting peacefully. Yibo looked at him with a smile, but then noticed that something had changed about him; He sat up on the bed to see Zhan better; Zhan's hair was undone and not in a ponytail. Yibo thought it was a bit strange, but he didn't dwell on it for too long. Yibo got out of bed and the first thing he did was walk over to Zhan's side. He grabbed the empty glass on the bedside table and slipped out of the room. A few minutes later, he returned to the room just as quietly, placing the glass filled with water on the bedside table.

After Yibo got dressed and was walking through the living room towards the kitchen, he saw on the small glass table the light blue stone that he had put there yesterday and forgot to put away.

"It's like the most beautiful yet painful stone of the sea." thought Yibo as he held the sea glass in his hand again.

Remembering again that the stone he was holding was Zhan's tear, he closed his eyes for a moment and sighed softly. The memories tied to the stone filled his heart with sadness again. He walked over to the bookcase and placed the stone on one of the shelves in front of a framed photograph. He turned and walked towards the kitchen, but then the doorbell suddenly rang.

Yibo just stood stunned. He wasn't expecting any visitors, especially not in the morning. He knew it couldn't have been Wenjun, and that made him uneasy. It occurred to him that Liying might have returned, so Yibo decided not to open the door and instead kept going. However, the bell rang again. Not wanting the doorbell to ring again and wake Zhan as well, Yibo was forced to walk to the door to open it. He decided that whoever was standing in front of the door would not let him speak; he would simply send him away. But when he opened the door and was about to speak, the words simply stuck in his throat. Standing at the door was not LiYing or Wenjun, but a person Yibo never thought he would see again.

 Standing at the door was not LiYing or Wenjun, but a person Yibo never thought he would see again