Chapter 9 | More news and surprises

The barriers between the two slowly disappeared.

After Yibo found out about Zhan's and also one of the most famous abilities of mermaids; the change to human form, from then on, things sped up a bit for them. Yibo expected it, but just like his encounter with Zhan, the merfolk's transformation surprised him. However, despite all his curiosity, Yibo tried to be restrained and not immediately harass Zhan with his questions. Instead, he focused on Zhan feeling safe and getting better as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Zhan was a little confused at first that Yibo had seen him in his other form. But as he watched him and saw how caring Yibo was, Zhan began to calm down and realized that his secret was safe and that Yibo was not a person like the people he had seen before. Zhan realized that Yibo was also the person he could truly trust and be safe with, whether it was from other people or the stray sirens roaming the land.

The next few days were easy and carefree for them.

Both of them got to know each other's lives. Yibo showed him every room in his home and told him about his past, the stories behind each object, and the beautiful and memorable moments for him. But while Yibo was talking, he didn't forget to inquire about Zhan's life as well. Yibo asked him a lot of questions, but Zhan still only answered him with a nod or a shake of his head instead of words. Zhan's silence didn't annoy Yibo, but it made him very curious. But no matter how many times Yibo asked Zhan about this topic, Zhan suddenly lost all his good humor, withdrew from Yibo, and only returned to his former mood after hours. Yibo gave up after two such occasions and he avoided this topic in front of Zhan. Although Yibo really wanted to know why Zhan didn't want to speak, he didn't want to force an answer out of him.

As Zhan began to heal, he began to like his human form more and more. Although with heavy and sometimes tiring steps, he loved being in the house. The colors of the rooms and furniture, as well as the marine decorations, helped him to feel even more comfortable in Yibo's house.

----------------

One day, the two of them were in the living room. The huge doors opening onto the beach were also open, so the whispers of the weak wind and the sounds of the waves of the water in the distance made their afternoon even more pleasant. But then the sound of the bell broke their good mood.

 But then the sound of the bell broke their good mood

Zhan flinched at the unfamiliar and sharp voice. Yibo turned to the door, then looked back at Zhan. The merfolk had only terror on his face, it looked like he was ready to run away at any moment. Seeing this, Yibo quickly got up from the sofa and grabbed Zhan by both arms.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down. You don't have to be afraid, okay? I am here to protect you." - Yibo tried to calm Zhan down, but the bell rang again, which didn't really help Yibo's situation. Zhan looked around in alarm, trying to find the source of the sound.

"Zhan, hey, look at me." - Yibo pleaded, and Zhan's gaze immediately fixed on him. - "Now, you go to my room and you stay there, okay? .. Don't open the door." - Yibo instructed, and Zhan obediently ran towards the room.