Chapter 7- Jealousy, Jealousy

I woke up that morning smiling, remembering the events of last night. However, my smile quickly dropped when I picked up my phone and saw a text.

Seb's Crush ♡

I need you to meet me and Ms.Jenn in the auditorium before school.

That woke me up in an instant. Was I in trouble? We only got to do the read through and they already want to kick me off? Did they finally decide not to let me do the show because of last year? My mind wandered as I got ready as quickly as I could and I rushed out of the door and ran instead of walking to school.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

I ran into the auditorium panting, "I'm so sorry I'm late." I quickly rushed out, not even noticing Nini was there. "I had to run here and that's not an excuse but I promise it won't happen again." I dropped my bag and began to catch my breath. At this moment I finally noticed Nini behind me. Ms.Jenn stands up and starts to speak, "Thank you both for the early start today. Sadly, Ricky could not be joining us so I instead invited Emma. Let's begin." I look at Ms.Jenn skeptical, "Shouldn't EJ be here then? He's Ricky's understudy." Ms.Jenn glares at me and I close my mouth, "EJ couldn't make it either, I didn't bother to ask why."

Ms.Jenn POV:

"Both of them were highly capable of making it. I just needed to know if my suspicions of something going on between Emma and Nini were true. I mean I know Nini is dating EJ but come on. They obviously like each other and would be adorable together! And if I can make that happen I would be happier than when I got my Zac Efron cardboard cutout in the mail."

Emma's POV:

Ms.Jenn picks up our scripts and hands them to us, "We're diving into page 97. I'm thinking of adding something to the script and you two are going to be my guinea pigs." I furrow my eyebrows and look up from the paper, "We're starting at the last scene?" Ms.Jenn nods and Nini, looking just as confused as me, joins in, "You wanna rehearse this? It's not even a scene, it's just one line." I read my paper to see I only have one line too, "Uh, yeah I've only got one too." A smile grows on Ms.Jenn's face as she breaks the news about what her addition to the script was, "And then there's the kiss."

Panic rises through my body. I have to kiss Nini? She has a boyfriend. Blush spreads throughout my body and coats my cheeks. I look at Nini with wide eyes and she returns the look while stuttering out, "I- Ther-There was no I- I- don't remember a kiss in what we read yesterday." We both look back at Ms.Jenn with crazed eyes.

"Y-Yeah I remember vividly in the script that there was no kiss. I mean you made me read that part of the musical Ms.Jenn, you-you should know."

"It was very much there in the original film."

"I only remember a hug?"

Ms.Jenn ends up looking at me with a, 'I'm helping you look' whatever that means, "The kiss ended up on the cutting room floor. Little racy for it's time"

Carlos then mumbles something my racing mind couldn't pick up. I look at him before turning back to Ms.Jenn. "I can't kiss Nini, Ms.Jenn, she has a boyfriend." The frown that grows on Nini's face goes unnoticed by me but not from Ms.Jenn.

"Oh hush child, it's acting. EJ isn't going to care, right Nini?" Ms.Jenn turns to look at Nini and Carlos finally gets off his phone to give her his attention too. Nini stutters and a British accent starts to show in her voice.

"I mean- she's right, it is just acting" just acting. Fuck.

"Yeah of course. Just acting."

Ms.Jenn looks at Carlos and winks at him before turning back to us. "So are you two up for it?" We look at each other and I shrug. Act cool, just act cool, be calm. Nini turns her body towards me, "Are you ok with it?"