Chapter 7

(Shamoy)
"The doctors said you have a chance of coming through. Baby please come back to me. I swear I'll do whatever it takes. I love you . I know , we aren't even official like that but I love you . Wake up for me . Please Baby.." I've been here just talking to her. It's like I'm catching up on old times . Damn I miss her smile . I miss everything about her.
The night I left the hospital , I cried and drunk fir hours. The next day I wanted to feel num so I smoked some blunts , and took some shots and listen to some depressed ass music .

I tried to get rid of all my problems , but I just couldn't . Mane I just want my baby back. I know I look flushed , like I haven't sleep in days . But it's true , I haven't .
"Baby when you wake up , I want you to be my girl and a year or two from now my wife . That's with your family's blessing of course ." I was so caught up in my conversation I hadn't notice her father walk in.
" Hello , Mr. Belanie." , I greet him . I shook his hand . He gave me a weak smile.
" I apologize , for my actions and on the behalf of my sons. Soooo,You love her ?" , Asked with an unsure look on his face .
"Yes.", I nod . He stood their with his hands in his pockets . He looked at me , puzzled .
"What do you love about her?", He asked while moving a strand of Mazi's hair.
" The way she crunches on her chips , when she watches a movie. The way she clings to my shirt when she's scared . I hate seeing her scarred.." , I sighed . Thinking of my girl.
"Do you mean what you said earlier when I walked in."
"Yes, I wanna be with her for the long run. I don't deserve her. But if I could , just show her my love . I'd never hurt her. Her tears would kill me. When I say her laying their lifeless and frail. I -iI-I just froze. " , I could barely get my words out . I wanted to cry in that moment. I'm a real thug . And real thugs cry when they lose someone that was never intended to be in the mist of your bullshit in the game. But that's how the game works , once your in , your only a piece on the board .
" You have my blessing , in a year maybe a year and a half , I want a ring on her finger . If not the arrangement tradition will go through as plan." , he explains emotionless . I gave him a blank expression because I was lost for words.
"What arrangement?"
" Zhene'Marie , is my only daughter , and my youngest. So I choose in my culture who she is to wed . Were French and theirs a certain way we do things. Either you accept it , and live with it . Or you make my daughter an honest women , and love her." , he spoke with a strict voice . I knew he was serious.

My baby gotta wake up so I can make her mines .
===========================
It's been a two weeks now ..,
( Devoni)
I can't believe this nigga . Then Edward and my dad gonna give his ass a blessing. Hell Im going meet with this nigga tonight .
I'm dressing in my polo button down purple shirt. And black Armani slacks . And my Taylor dress shoes .

I arranged for this nigga to meet me at a cigar lounge. I want to hear what he got to say. If he loves my sister , prove it. I want proof.
I pulled up to the lounge and found him pulling on a fat Loui .
"Wassup" I gave him a slight dap.
" Nunin much , visiting Mazi . Tryna stay put together . How's my case going ? " He says pulling on the cigar then exhaling it put.
I light mine , then I take a long pull ."If you love my sister , answer one question." , I say exhaling my cigar .
He'll looks like he's second guessing himself .
" What's he question?" ,his head is now facing mine . Were eye to eye now.
" If you love her. Why are you here ?"
" Elaborate?", he says playing in his phone. He's such a smart ass.
" Your here with me playing on your phone . When you should be their waiting for her to WAKE UP!" , I was so angry. I could barely contain myself .
He turns his phone over to the front screen . That revealed he was on FaceTime with Zhene'Marie talking to her and everything. Damn I fucked up the long a way.
I stormed out the lounge. Man fuck why can't he just leave her alone. He'll never get my blessing.
"Devoni , listen.Please.", Shamoy says as he walks up. His face is pale and flushed .
"Are you on something?", I examine his pupils , their not dilated . I don't know what type of drug this is , but I ain't having it.
" No. I've been going through , I don't know how function right like this. I'm confused . I can't sleep and I can't eat, I'm just lost."By this time the tears had escaped his eyes. He whipped them away quickly I guess for me not to see.
Damn he loves her , but I gotta make sure he does right by her. "Look , I know you . Like my family doesn't , I'll give you my blessing but I need you to drop all these hoe's mane. And I'm need you be their for her every waking moment . Have you been fucking my sister?", if this dude lie to me I will take my blessing back.
" The closest we ever got to that was my two fingers." ,he says putting his index and middle finger together. I punch him. He took it .
"That's all ya'll did ?", He nodded .
"You have a year and a half to marry her. Then this is over.",I sighed .
" I know , I will .", he says matter of a factly .I looked at him he meant what he said.
"Well I gotta go .", I say getting up to leave. He dapped me up , I pull him into a hug."Take care of her." , I whisper into his ear. " I will ." he responds in the same tone.We nod and part ways.