overhaul ~ you're late.

.・✫・゜・。.

Falling in love with a villain must be a grave mistake, because due to it y/n now stood at the dinner table waiting for the man who had promised to show up but still hadn't.

In the morning of the same day y/n woke up as she checked the time, immediately opening her phone she texted him, a long message with hearts at the very end with a little 'I love you' she waited for him to reply but he didn't until two minutes later.

He wished the same saying he'll be there on time, it was actually their anniversary, kai would mostly be at work and sometimes spend his nights at work, there was no stopping him from doing so.

Despite a busy life of a villain he had a wife whom he treated like how a husband would, he loved her but his work and other activities kept him busy most of the time so it wasn't unusual for him to not be home for a few days or some nights.

Her on the other hand got out of the bed and went in the bathroom to freshen up and change, to her each anniversary or smallest occasion was a big deal because it can be a reason for both her and kai to spend some time together.

She loved him as well, she knew he was a villain, despite that. At home she would spend her time in different activities, text him or wait for him, when he would return she would look after him and spend time with him.

Sometimes it worried her how he would skip his meals and sleep for his work, even after her nagging about it there was nothing he could do. Some days he would get home and fall asleep instantly without eating dinner.

There were some days he wouldn't make it home despite her wanting him, but never were those days a special occasion like their anniversary or birthdays, so she was excited to finally see him home after four days.

She made and ate breakfast alone as she left the house to go shop for things, she was planning to buy kai a nice gift that can maybe help him somehow and be useful along with ingredients for a dinner she was planning in her head.

By the time it was evening, she was stood in the kitchen working with dedication on each meal she had planned, she had also baked a cake which she had more than enough fun decorating with different sparkles and cake frosting.

Soon the evening was turning into night as the dinner was presumably ready, she walked back to her room to finally dress up, she got herself and dressed nicely as she got back to the table and sat down.

The time was still not so late so she had hopes, after some more time she checked again to see half an hour gone by, no sign of kai, sighing she waited more not realising herself she fell asleep.

Her head leaned into her arm comfortably as she took a small nap while waiting for him, her eyes slowly opened after her nap as she checked the time to see it has gone way beyond midnight and he was still not there.

Now there was anger, for the time she waited and the things she prepared, she gets nothing, the day had gone by, angrily she got up as she went back to her room, throwing her heels off she changed into her pajamas before getting into the bed.

She was angry for some time in bed until tears began escaping her eyes, then it was when she heard noises from downstairs, soon her bedroom door opened but she didn't turn around instead closed her eyes, tears still present on her face.

The person was kai himself and he walked to her, sitting beside her knowing well she was crying and pretending to be asleep, he bent down and kissed her on the cheek as he muttered a sorry in her ear.

He stepped back when she threw a pillow at him aggressively and hid herself under the blanket, he then sat down again now explaining how he was stuck at his 'work' because an incompetent person caused them an issue.

Despite his attempts at explaining himself he got nowhere so he decided to tackle her on the bed as he started tickling her, loud laughing erupted from within the blanket as she tried to escape him, soon she stood staring at him as he again muttered a small sorry.

He moved towards her and kissed her on the lips, she looked the other way blushing, then he thought why not give her some time, he could stop his work for some time it will also help get rid of the heroes on his tail, he promised to take her on a trip the next few days.

She turned around and looked at him surprised and asked if he was serious, he nodded as he was then tackled into a hug, he smiled hugging her back, the dinner that night didn't go to waste nor did anything, both of them exchanged gifts they had brought for each other and slept because kai was falling unconscious by the end of it due to his lack of sleep.

.・✫・゜・。.