Chapter 12: Flip

(Credits to the rightful owners.)

Wordcount: 1.5k

Author's P.O.V

Drying tears smeared all over glum face, a long haired male stepped on the break right in front of his daughter's school. At a distance the said girl was being led by her homeroom teacher.

"Thank you Mr. Kim." The man said.

The girl's eyes full of bubbling questions, she quietly seated herself beside her eomma.

Hyunjin restarted the car. His expressions poignant and washed out. He didn't look once at his daughter.

The little girl had to built up quite the courage to break the silence.

"Eomma, why did Mr. Kim ask me to go home before time. Wasn't Lixie Samchon supposed to pick me up after school ended. There's still one whole hour left for home time."

"I messaged Felix to not pick you up."

"Ehy are you talking like that eomma? You always call Lixie Samchon Yongbok, not Felix."

The girl sulked behind the seatbelt when her eomma didn't respond. She felt too scared to ask her eomma anything further. Yeji has never been scared to say anything to Hyunjin before. But in that moment the little girl felt as if her questions would cause her eomma pain.

The car stopped again. In front of a familiar house amidst the forest from where the sun rays were fleeing away. The girl smiled widely as she was happy to be home.

"Yeji-ah." Hyunjin said as he helped her daughter unbuckle her seat belt.

"Yes eomma?"

"Yesterday when I sent you with Mr. Park...when you were sleeping in the car, both times...d-did he..."Hyunjin clenched his eyes as if in pain, "...did he do anything?"

"He was talking too loudly on his phone. It woke up me. And the next time I went with him he vanished very quickly after handing me the hot dogs appa got for us. Only the other guard ajusshis were there. Not Mr. Park. I was happy I could sleep in peace this time."

The child's rambling seemed to have plucked a thorn from Hyunjin's soul. He breathed out a sigh of relief. Holding his daughter's hand, he walked her inside the house.

The sun, too tired after it's journey from east to west was on it's way home. Home is where one seeks comfort after all. Home...that aren't just houses and buildings but the people who make it warm and safe. And home was what a long haired man was preparing himself to part from.

.
.
.

Chan P.O.V

A sigh of relief escaped my lips. I was before time. It was exactly ten minutes to 7pm. With a bouquet of flowers in my hand I quickly went to the door and rang the bell. I wanted to be a gentleman for my Hyunjin. I wanted to be everything he deserves. And perhaps if he thinks of me as deserving enough, then on our date I could finally dare to tell him that I love him.

Strange. He hadn't answered the door yet.

I rang the bell again. Tapping my foot on the ground nervously, I looked at my wrist-watch. It was one past seven already.

There wasn't an answer this time either.

He must be in the bathroom or something.

Therefore, I took out my keys from my pocket and entered our home.

"Hyunjinah!" I called as I kept the keys on the kitchen counter.

"Hyunjinah I am home!" I walked towards the living room.