Chapter 2

¸.•*(¸.•*' ♥ '*•.¸)'*•.¸

Kapitel 2

Twelve years have passed since your arrival. Twelve agonising years of pain and longing for the Adeptus Xiao. Needless to say, you hardly spoke to anyone. You felt a little sorry for your grandparents, but why would you want to get along with them? If you take them to your heart, it will be all the more agonising, you had to experience that yourself many times. To like someone and take them into your heart only shows weakness and grief that weighs you down. Both for the bereaved and for yourself. That's why you haven't even bothered to deal with your grandparents.

You sigh out as you sit on the rocks and stare down at Liyue. Something you did more often, sneaking away from the village. You always wanted to enter Liyue town itself, but for some reason you always shied away from it. You didn't even notice two pairs of shining eyes watching you."You're watching Y/n again?" began Zhongli, standing beside his yaksha with his arms folded."She is strange. Her eyes are emotionless and dead. As if she is not alive and just waiting to die." he narrated quietly."My guess is that she's waiting for you," Morax replied quietly, making Xiao look confused.
"Why should the mortal wait for me?" he asked, not understanding what his master meant. But he did not get more than a cryptic smile. "Besides, she won't remember. She was a baby.", Xiao remained calm and rose from his sitting position. But he immediately froze when he felt your gaze on him. Although they were standing behind you at a good distance, it would have been hard to see them, but you noticed them.

Your gaze brightened and you rose to take a step towards them, but immediately staggered and landed back on your knees as you began to cough heavily. You were literally panting and began to breathe heavily, like cold sweat pouring down your body. Blood was collecting in your mouth again and you could clearly feel how far your organs had already gone. How they were destroying themselves from the inside. You could take no more and collapsed, supporting yourself with your hands on the floor and vomiting. Only blood and bile came out as your body shook with pain and effort. Deeply your fingernails dug into the rock, leaving bloody scratch marks as you scraped your skin, your fingernails almost tearing in the process. Immediately you felt someone touch your shoulder and say your name. Carefully you look up as your mouth is stained with your blood and your nose is also slowly leaking your life fluid. On the other side you also felt a hand, but before you could do anything you had already lost consciousness. You fell limply against Morax while your breathing was shallow and unstable....

~X~

The next time you opened your eyes, you were a baby again. Above you was an old-fashioned blanket, while two people stood over you with smiling faces. Again you lifted your hand and saw those little fingers.>>Ah, I must have died again...<<, you just thought and surveyed those two people. The woman was small, unlike the man next to her. She had brown, fine hair, soft green eyes and a beautiful face. Your gaze turned to the man. He was tall, relatively well built, had messy, tousled hair and brown, gentle eyes that looked at you playfully. And you knew it now - you hated her!

~X~

A few years passed, you were already able to speak very well, much too well for the taste of others, even if you were rather reserved. You never sought out conversation yourself and only answered when asked or spoken to. This prompted your parents to introduce you to a doctor. His name was Dr. Aang. He was more than just suspicious to you and you did not like him and you showed him that clearly. However, he found out immediately - oh what a miracle - that you were seriously ill. However, he could not determine what kind of illness you had.