Music

You're a music teacher at a small school kinda situation to try and make kids feel more "normal" in the situation with the outside world and El sees how good you are with kids 🤭

Y/n's pov
"Ok everyone quiet please,we have a new song to sing today" I said cheerfully to the children ages 6-13 sitting in front of me, I volunteer as a music teacher at a tiny school system,really it's just a barn full of kids with different people that come in and teach kids their shapes,numbers, even tho they won't really need it,we want to make them feel safe and secure and somewhat like normal kids.
We try to make schedules for them,for lunch and free time then back to class, the school days last 3 hours every other day ,so Monday,Wednesday,Friday,Sunday
From 12:00pm to 3:00pm
People go out and try to look for books for everyone to enjoy in their age group
"Ok, so the song that we are going to be practicing is called 'old Dan tucker' it is very silly,and came from a music book your math teacher found, I'm going to sing it so you guys know how it's sounds, then I will section it for you guys to sing with me" I said, and all of the kids nodded.
I started strumming my guitar to the melody the book pages said

Old Dan Tucker was a fine old man
Washed his face with a fryin' pan
Combed his hair with a wagon wheel
And died with a toothache in his heel
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Old Dan Tucker come to town
Riding a billy goat, leading a hound
The hound dog barked and billy goat jumped
And landed old Tucker on a stump
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Now Old Dan Tucker come to town
Swinging them ladies all round
First to the right an then to the left
Then to the gal that he loved best
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper
Get out the way, Old Dan Tucker
You're too late to get your supper

All of the kids giggled at the lyrics of the song,thinking it was funny he combed his hair with a wheel and washed his face with a frying pan, it was stupid but I loved listening the them giggle, seeing kids have fun in this hell of a world made me happy, it gave me a bit of hope for the world.

TIME SKIP 🤠

It was around 5:00pm and I was in me and Els shared repurposed garage sitting on our tiny couch when she walked in the front door, "hey babe" he said walking in and taking her shoes off "hey, where have you been adventuring now" I say while standing up from our couch and the book I was reading  "we found an old mansion,it's thirty minutes out from Jackson on a horse" she said putting her hands around my waist while my arms go over her shoulders "that's cool, we should go there next patrol we have" I said before softly pecking her lips, lightly chapped from the chilly weather outside "I saw you with those kids today, I was so cute" "yeah well, we try" "we should have one of our own" she said walking to our small kitchen "El, we're women, we can't have a baby" "says who?" She says turning on her heal after finding a granola bar in the cabinet "says the human body? Are you dumb" I say giggling "hey we can adopt one" "from who my love?" I say walking back over to her, wrapping my arms around her neck and put my hands in her hair "I don't know, we'll figure it out tho" she says grabbing my chin still holding the granola bar, and brings me into a soft kiss.

OMG SHE WANTS A BABY🤭