Six.

She had a few day's left till Christmas break. She hasn't spoken to Steve since that night he kissed her. She didn't mean to freak out like that. It's just she hasn't had anyone like him in a long time all of her ex's were jerk's totally completely different then Steve. She didn't know how to react or respond to something like this. It's all new to her. She decided to finally talk to him till she saw something that changed everything.

McKenna's Pov:
I finished my last class of the day I put my books away in my bag I sighed standing up pulling my hood up I got to the bottom of the stairs "Miss.William's" the Dean called out I turned looking over at her she waved her hand I walked over to her as the class o'ed and awed I rolled my eye's as the class room emptied she leaned against her desk. "Something must be on your brain you weren't focusing enough during my lesson what's going on?" She asked I sighed tucking some hair behind my ear under my hood.

"I rather just not talk about it." She sighed deeply "Look if you don't want to talk to me then at least talk to someone at home about it" I sighed deeply I looked over at the stand's it was empty "You know my brother right?" I asked she nodded her head "Yes Detective Williams" I nodded my head I walked over to one of the chairs of the desk's and sat down. "Well he has this partner and he's a wonderful man. Like I've never felt like this feeling I feel when I'm around him." She chuckled a bit shaking her head. "Ahh to be young and in love again would be so nice" she pushed her self off her desk walking over to me and sitting down next to me "Listen to me sweet heart, Is he good to you?" She asked I nodded my head she smiled a little "Does he take care of you and your brother?" She asked I nodded my head "I guess so" she grabbed my hand softly with both of her hand's.

"Lastly does he make you happy?" She asked I nodded my head a little she let me go leaning back. "Then what are you doing here still? Go get your man" I sat there for a moment she's right I stood up pulling my hood down. "I can't" I plopped my self down in my seat she sighed shaking her head. "What is stopping you? Your brother, then he need's to learn how to deal with it if he makes you happy then that should make him happy also." I looked over at her maybe she has a point I stood up again

"Go do it I promise you it will be the right move especially right before Christmas also how cute is that?" She asked I chuckled walking towards the door's "GOOD LUCK SEE YOU AFTER NEW YEAR'S!" She yelled waving I smiled softly walking out the school.

-Headquarters-

I sat out side taping my fingers along my steering wheel wondering if I should go in and do this or not. I decided it was a good idea to do it I climbed out the car grabbing my lab coat I tugged it on and walked towards the building as soon as I made it to the front I heard his laugh i turned to see him standing next to someone. "McKenna!" Danny called out that caught Steve and her attention they looked over at me I snapped my head towards danny. "Hey" I smiled he pulled me into a hug "ready to work with us for a little?" He asked I nodded my head

"Oh hey I want you to meet someone" danny walked me towards Steve and the woman. My heart started to race "Hey Steve" Danny walked up to them I waved a little "hi" I said quietly steve was looking at me behind her "Hi I'm Catherine" she held out her hand I stayed froze "Sorry she's super shy Catherine I like you to meet my friend Danny's sister McKenna" Steve stepped forward I looked up at Steve as he gave me a different type of look. "Sorry she normally is always chatty" Danny said I coughed a bit "sorry I've had a long day of school then having to work it's nice to meet you. But umm I'm late I'll see you later" I waved walking off towards the building quickly

He followed behind me down to the lab I was annoyed by it " Okay what the hell was that?" Danny asked walking into the lab I sat there in Charlie chair eating a cupcake I looked up at him "Oh no what's wrong?" He asked pulling a chair up next to me I laughed looking at him weirdly "Why does something have to be wrong?" I asked him he stood there looking at me for a moment like he was studying me he gasped loudly I stood up covering his mouth. "Let's talk at home okay?" He sighed deeply shoving his hand's into his pocket's. "Fine. See you tonight" he walked out the lab Charlie walked over to me "What are you going to do once you tell Danny?" He asked I sighed looking up at him "I don't know Char" he sighed "I'm here for you" I thanked him decide to just start my work now.

-Home-
I walked in hanging up my lab coat up on the jacket rack I sat my bag down on the couch I sighed walking into the kitchen the light flipped on danny was sitting there with a beer along with Lou "What's going on?" I asked Danny shook his head leaning forward "I talked to Lou about how worried I was about you and how you acted he wants to help." I laughed opening the fridge grabbing a beer "Help? Yeah good luck there isn't anything I can do. Or that I know of" I sat down in the chair taking a sip of my beer "What's going on?" Danny asked I looked at the both of them "My friend Danny's sister" Danny sat there looking at me like it took forever to process in his head.

"Oh god, honey how long?" Lou asked walking up to me pulling me down into a hug. "Ever since I was told I was passing my classes" he kneeled down next to me "Does he know?" He asked I looked over at him "Well.. he kissed me" I looked over at Danny as he stood up quickly walking out the room "Great" I sighed standing up "It was nice seeing you Lou I'll see you tomorrow" he nodded his head kissing the top of my head he left the house danny walked back out his room grabbing his jacket "Danny!" I yelled out he stopped looking over at me " Come on just let it be okay they are probably just friends also". Danny shook his head walking up to me

"That's the thing they aren't she is his ex" I stood there looking at him it then hit me right in the heart I held back all my emotions "Listen it's fine okay? I'm alright come on let's go to bed. We are to drop this alright?" I asked he sighed storming to his room slamming the door shut. I walked into the kitchen pulling the Jack Daniels out the fridge "Im not okay but I'm not gonna have danny be worried about me when there more things to be worried about."