𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁

potential

os alta, east ravka

os alta, east ravka

— SAOIRSE FLIPPED HER BODY, ESCAPING THE CHOKEHOLD AND THROWING THE HEARTRENDER ONTO HIS BACK. A few others watched from the sidelines while he coughed, wincing. Saoirse grinned. "Your right side knows what to do, Malik. Its your left side that's weak. Put your focus there and maybe I won't be throwing you on your ass all the time." she offered a hand, pulling him back to his feet.

"Sun Summoner!" Botkin's voice turned all eyes to where Alina had just arrived with Nadia and Marie. Saoirse looked on with interest. "All of Ravka's enemies want to kill you before you can destroy the Fold. It's a great honour to have so many enemies. You must learn to defend yourself fast. Do you know how to fight?"

A tiny smile touched the girl's face before she nodded. "I've had some training."

"Show me." he glanced around at the ring of Grisha who'd gathered to see. "Pick an opponent."

She stepped forward pointing at Zoya. Uh oh. "Her."

Botkin nodded. "Zoya Nazyalensky. I've been training her since she was ten."

Zoya arched a brow. "Care to back down?"

Alina shot her a glare. "I'm not familiar with the concept." Saoirse understood to some degree; Alina was new and famous and certainly not lacking in the beauty department, but she couldn't help but want to roll her eyes. Zoya knew exactly what she was doing.

"Fighters ready? And.. fight!" Alina moved forward first, taking a direct swing. Zoya sidestepped her easily, hooking a foot behind the girl's ankle and sending her to the ground.

The squaller was walking away when Alina pushed herself back to her feet. "We go again."

"Fight!" Botkin ordered a second time.

Zoya blocked both of Alina's swings before grabbing her arm and flipping her over her body and onto the ground. Again. She smirked, saying something Saoirse didn't hear before straightening back up. She turned to walk away and Alina got back up. This time, when Zoya turned, she wasn't ready, and the punch hit her cheek squarely, sending her stumbling for a step. A few surprised chuckles rang out, and Saoirse raised her brows appreciatively. But when Zoya whirled on Alina, a gusting wind threw the girl back into a stack of hay. Saoirse's eyes widened. Saints, Zoya.

Nadia and Marie rushed to check on Alina, getting her back up while Botkin seized Zoya by the arm. "What were you thinking?" He snapped. "Against the Sun Summoner? Have you lost your mind? She's not the enemy any more than I am. Go!" He gave her a firm shove, and she sent one last murderous look in Alina's direction before storming off. It was only a few minutes later that Alina headed back inside too, though much less angry than Zoya.

Saoirse sighed, turning back to the small group she was training with. "Who wants to go next?"

°