II ~ Red

Red has never been my favourite.
Still isn't.
But I love how it gleams on your skin.
That's frightening,
Considering I've never seen you in
Anything but black.

~~~

Red

Arjuna's eyes stayed glued onto the
princess in black. His sharp gaze was fixated onto the dark, dark blues of her eyes. So dark that it teetered on the edge of onyx, often falling into the dark abyss.

His eyes stayed trained on her even as Krishna came over and made small talk with his brothers and she did the same with Krishna's sister. He couldn't get enough of her. She was like the water that he had been denied for years and years, and now that she was here, he would be damned if he did not drink up his fill with his eyes alone.

Sometimes those dark eyes collided with his, other times he could feel her actively trying and succeeding to keep her gaze elsewhere. Until, Krishna finally having made formal small talk with every creature on the planet, turned to him.

"I see you have found a brand new subject of obsession.", the Yadava Lord jested, his eyes scrutinising the young warrior's every fleeting expression.

"You mean, the only living subject of obsession I have ever had? I guess I have.", the prince replied, his eyes finally meeting that of the man whose letters had kept him more curious and waiting than he had ever felt in his entire life before.

"So, I am concluding that she has been worth the wait.", Krishna shot her a glance.

"Only if this newfound obsession quits being single-sided.", Arjuna's smirk reached his eyes. This was certainly the most informal conversation he had ever had with a stranger. In all honesty, Krishna was no stranger to him. Atleast, his enigma was not.

"Then, I hope the Divine fulfills that wish of yours.", Krishna flashed a mischievous grin.

"It is no wish, Kanha. Just an observation. A desire. But no wish.", Arjuna stated, finally bringing up the first-name address that he had been calling him in all the letters.

"Oh, well, then, Partha. I suppose that entitles even more work on you.", Kanha placed a hand on the young man's shoulder whose soul he could already feel being tied with his own.

Arjuna's smirk became more prominent.
"What is the thrill in it if there is not work to be done? What treasure has ever been won without a hunt?", he answered in questions.

Krishna laughed. "Well, my friend, I will just help you keep in mind that this treasure is not only as elusive and defiant as a living being gets, but also stubborn and sharp beyond your worst imaginations. She will defy and fight you to the ends of the world and every next blow will be sharper and will cut deeper than the previous one.", he dropped the not-so-good-natured but well-meant warning.

The Kuru prince was even more thrilled, if that was possible. He was a warrior, and a combat was his comfort zone. The feeling of his bow or his sword in his hand was what made him feel at peace. What must it feel like to fight with and for the sword itself? What must it feel like to watch it drench itself in his red without even knowing that, that only makes it even more his?

He could feel the adrenaline shooting through him. Oh, how he would love to fight her till the ends of the world!

Because that would mean that her world, as she had ever known it, would end and he would get to have the delight of rebuilding and restitching it back together while imbibing his essence and presence in every inch of it.