First Time: Regret

Mimi POV

They say it's a first time for everything. My first time situation was getting used to the fact that August might be going away for a while.

He been in that place for three days and fourteen hours. He called me everyone of those days, telling me it was okay, to not worry, and to keep going about life.

I tried my best but it was hard... When we broke up, that's when I thought I needed him. But now that August is locked away and not promised a return, I know now I need him more that ever.
~

Meanwhile Teak and Marquis's funerals are on the same day. I would disrespectful if I didn't go to one of them, so I plan to attend both. They're on Saturday, which means I have two days to get my shit together, just to get it torn apart on that day...

August POV

A nigga been to jail before but it was overnight. Night for this long! I been having Pepsi with drawls, sex with drawls, and NO sleep. All I been drinking is water, eating shit that look like shit and (since I don't sleep) daydreams about the ones I hold close.

Flashbacks of me and Teak together play in my head. All. Damn. Day.

"Damn, this shit makin...me choke!" Teak exclaimed. We was fifteen years old, tryin some OG kush we saved for! This stoner nigga named Trel went to Cali once a month just to get the weed.
We saw him one day and told him, next time you go, get us some. We gave him the money and he delivered. Our dumb asses got in his mama car and hit the blunt as if we knew what we was doin.

Three years later we was on the verge of failing high school year. To deal with that shit we got high. (No choking this time.) Our asses ended up graduating with straight D-'s. Aye, still graduated.

Rewind two years, I'm sixteen years old, getting my dick sucked for the first time in Teak's mama car. Two weeks later I catch him in the car getting his dick sucked by the same chick. We got to fighting and in the middle of the last punch we got laughing, wondering why we was fighting over a hoe.

Fast forward to when us at twenty two years old. Selling drugs together.

It's crazy the outcome to that. So crazy it almost makes me regret it.

To get my mind off things, I call Mimi for my one call a day.

"Hey baby what you doing?"

"Nothing, searching the newspaper, looking for a new job."

"You don't need a job."

"I need something to keep me occupied these days."

"Not a job, you don't need that type of stress."

"I'm okay Aug."

"That makes one of us," I lean against the wall and rest my head back.

"How are you doing in there?"

"I got the same bullshit ass story every nigga in this bitch got. This place is a motherfucker and I hate the fuck out of it."

"Well I see you're picking up some jail - vocabulary..."

I didn't realize how many curse words I actually said until I thought about it.

"My bad baby. I just...hate it so much."

"Don't live with hate. Just keep your head up. It's gonna get better."

"I love you. I love you for a lot of reasons. One being the way you're able to speak motivational things to someone else...even when you not feeling what you saying."

"I'm that see-throughable huh?"

"Like glass babe."

"Guess I gotta work on that."

"You got plenty of time...aye Mimi, you know how to write a letter?"

I hear her sniffle, "I guess I should learn huh?"

"If you wanna be realistic..."

"I gotta go. Love you bye."

"Love you t-"

She hung up real quick. This is her first time in this predicament so I know it's hard. It's hard watching her go through this. And yet again I feel responsible and guilty for it.