Stripper Situation: Part Two

August POV

When Mimi went to reach for that bag, I knew she was leaving me for the night. Going to your job and returning home whenever her shift was over.

Secretly, I hate her job. Ever since we became official I hated it. What guy would like his girl and future more, dancing in front of random niggas for money?

It was her hustle so how could I tell her to stop? And how can I tell her to stop when I do what I do? It was just a fucked up situation.

"Are you leaving right nah'?." I ask. I never referred to her strip career as "work". It was always "are you leaving".

"Yeah, I'll be back before four."

"Iight man..."

I walked off without kissing or hugging her. Simply not in the mood no more.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I say dryly and walk towards the bed and sit on it.

"August, don't get gloomy on me now."

"Ain't nobody gloomy. It's twelve o'clock at night. I just thought...man ner'mind. Just go."

I wave her off and get under the covers after taking my shirt off.

"Thought what?"

I close my eyes, not sleep, just getting under her skin. That was my tactic when I get pissed. Attack passive aggressively. Exhibit A, pretend to be sleep.

"Okay fine." She throw her hands in the hair and throw the bag down, "aye, open yo eyes. You ain't sleep."

Bitch you guessed it!

"August?... okay pretend to be sleep all you want. But I know."

I wanted to say "know what?" but my baby knew me. I knew she would say some shit exactly right. Say something on my mind. That's just how we operated.

"I know that you don't want me to go to the strip club."

No response. (She right).

"And strip in front of random niggas! And bring money home from it. And you don't like that do you? No you don't, so just say it.'

"Nope, you right. I don't like that shit. But that don't stop yo ass from doing it do it?"

"You never said nothing so why would I stop."

"Any female would after she's in a relationship with a man she loves!"

I sat up now, putting away the childish shit. Looking at her attentively.

"So now this is all my fault? That's it huh? That's what I'm supposed to do. Just give up what I was doing before you came in the picture?"

"Didn't nobody say it was yo' fault, damn Mimi listen. I'm just saying. Most people have respect for their man and maybe themselves to stop showing their ass in front of people. Especially when they're in a committed relationship. Like we happen to be."

Mimi POV

He try to walk past me and leave out of the room, I grab a pillow and throw it at his head.

"Don't talk to me like that again!"

From behind I could see August jaw clench. I thought he would turn around and argue more with me. Instead he kept walking.

I grab my bag and walk past him down the steps.

"And where the hell you think you goin?"

He grab my arm and yank the keys out of my hand. I don't reach for them, instead I stand there with my arms crossed.

"Can you give me back my keys?"

"No, cuz you not goin nowhere. You might as well take yo ass to bed."

Yes! Finally, he took control and told me not to go. I didn't want to go at all. I was tired of going. I wanted to stay home, with August, have sex. Watch a movie. Go to sleep. Eat unnecessary shit.

Do things a girlfriend that didn't strip, should.

Most of that stuff is not going to happen. But I know one of them is. And it's sleep! Being awake is no good when I'm fighting with August.

I just feel down and sad. And horribly anxious.

~

"Good night August" I say before laying down in the bed. He can't hear me because he's downstairs on his phone, watching Tv, whatever.

August POV

I walk upstairs into our bedroom and find my baby in the bed sleep. Mimi was tossing, turning, and in a cold sweat. 

I get in the bed beside her and softly shake her awake.

"Hey, babe? You're alright, calm down."

I wipe her forehead off with the back of my hand and put her in my arms.

Mimi adjust her head on my chest and go back to sleep.

When we wake up in the morning. We both know we got some talking to do.

I should be sleep but I felt like writing.

Butttttt Happy MLK Day foolies. Don't forget to appreciate Martin (and many others) who minimized the hazing, cruelty and racism.

(Yes minimize because some of it still go on.)